iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

christmas cards and gifts 2019

Started by doc henderson, December 08, 2019, 08:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

we made a visit to a small private owned Christmas tree farm yesterday as a family.  we took a pic in front of a 1958 truck that we may add to our Christmas card.  they had free cider and homemade peppermints.  My wife bought a couple of Christmas lap quilts.  turns out the owner inherited a home made sawmill.  He does construction and is the brother of my wife's sports medicine trainer.  thought we could post family pics for the holidays.  also I have enjoyed the gifts and decoration ideas our many talented members have posted in the past.  remember, if you post a gift before Christmas, it can be seen by others.

William. Georgia, Monique and Bryan (me) Doc Henderson.

Peaceful Pines tree farm
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

What a nice Christmas photo of your family.
   Merry Christmas !
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Magicman

Yes I agree, that family picture is "card perfect". 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

thanks guys.  does anyone have pics of their Christmas tree or decorations?  or projects for the season?
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

here is the pastry board i am making for my wife.  planning to engrave family recipes on it, but my experience is that then she might not want to use it if there is a sentiment something on it.  we have old copies from her mom and aunts.  the recipe cards are water stained and wrinkled, well used.  my daughter the animator will spruce them us so they will engrave legibly.  may just make thin wood recipe cards so she will use the maple board.

doc henderson

here are some engravings I am working on.  The dog Vinney D recently passed and this is a gift from a nurse at work for her father who misses his dog.  the other is a gift from me to a new mom at work, a tech and future nurse.

Larry

Last batch of ornaments waiting for lacquer and a hangar.  Relatives/friends get a different ornament every year.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

thecfarm

Hi friend, I think I am your third cousin. ;)  :D  :D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

me too @thecfarm .   :D  nice ornaments.  (or are they fishing bobbers? :))  looks like your suspension rod may do double duty in the summer.  those should really pop with finish.  @Larry 

tule peak timber

Southside

Doc - your beard makes it look like your family took a photo with Santa!!   :snowball: :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

every year since 1980.  it used to be darker.  ... wait are you sayin i am fat?...!!!   :D :D :D 8).  i have eaten too many chickens i guess. :o :o :o. @Southside 

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

tule peak timber

Well , not a Christmas gift, but I did build this de-nubbing machine yesterday. This follows behind the wire wheel machine that raises the grain on wall paneling. It is for the "brown " job and only a one off deal . I did not want to spend the money as I don't see the shop doing this type of thing again. It has a spring loaded articulating arm that holds light pressure on the uneven board face while the oscillating whiskers scrub off anything loose

Rodman

Here is some WRC projects I've been working on the last 3 weekends. This is all from side material from milling my cedar siding & trim for my cottage in the spring.

Jewelry cabinet with live edge top for oldest daughter 

Live edge bench for the wife. Hopefully she doesn't paint it!!!

4 of 6 live edge charcuterie boards with 3 coats of terra Nova natural oil applied.

doc henderson

@Rodman nice to see homemade gifts.  are those really for meat and cheese or is that in case your wife paints her bench. :o :)  .   looks like how my dad kept us kids in line!   :D  they look great, and i was thinking of making some this Christmas as well.  cool

doc henderson

so I gave the dog pic to London for her to give to her Dad.  She is very happy, and hopes to get video of her Dad when she gives it.  she had me put a poem on the back.

my neighbor has been making bowls for his friends and family.  I mark the bottoms and he number each as they are made.

My barber Frank painted this.  he has taught hunters safety since the first class in about 1972 and is x military.  

doc henderson

Larry

Since these have neither batteries or a touch screen should I include a instruction sheet?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

Got our card finished and printed some and will mail a bunch tomorrow and rest of the week. I'll post twice and invert one time as it was designed to be folded.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

WV Sawmiller

Thanks. Can you guess which one was born on St Patrick's Day? :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!