iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i am making frame to mount sawbench and engine

Started by startinghandle, November 18, 2017, 07:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

startinghandle

first I am from UK so what I refer to as saw bench I believe you yanks call it shingle mills
I want to make a frame to mount my saw bench which my late father bought second hand 60 years ago  and it could be 100 years old, it is not a big saw but is heavy made, it was manufactured at the Atlas Foundry in Shrewsbury as I said I want to make a frame and fit an axle I have a suitable engine but I would like to know from you guys is what is minimum distance between pulleys for best driving using flat belt as I remember a threshing contractor who is sadly no longer here telling me that the longer the distance between pulleys the better it drives.. the sawblade diameter is 32 inches thanks in advance

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Welcome mate, I am confused about what you want to do and need more information. Are your saws teeth shaped for ripping or cross cutting. If there is no hook the saw was probably used for bucking fire wood what we call a cordwood saw. Our Aussie members are the ones to chime in on a saw table as that type of sawmill is not prevalent here in the states (former colonies). I don't think it was a shingle mill as that is a quite specialized piece of equipment, not useable to mill logs. Tell us more. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Brandon1986

Am I the only one that read that in an English accent starting from "you yanks"?  :D :D

pinefeller

for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

Thank You Sponsors!