Quickie Quiz Jackpot # 12

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 26, 2013, 07:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giant splinter

Populus Fremontii

Rio Grande Cottonwood
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 27, 2013, 03:31:03 PM
Im running out of ammo whiteflag_smiley

May have to stand in line to buy more....

Recheck the thread, there are hints..... ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Clue #2

Closeup of longitudinal section.

dadgum you, Charlie! popcorn_smiley logrite_cool smiley_eek_dropjaw teeter_totter smiley_book2_page smiley_book2_page boxingsmiley bike_rider bike_rider bat_smailey smiley_whip smiley_whip smiley_horserider smiley_horserider

Jay C. White Cloud

Hey folks,  I haven't had time to focus on this...we know it's a conifer, it is not native, and I got close I think with Atlas Cedar...someone will get it soon, I'm sure.  Those are a lot of clues!!!
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

giant splinter

Weeping Alaskan Cedar (Chamaecyparis Nootkatensis)
roll with it

Jay C. White Cloud

Remember, it's a desert climate even at altitude...has to be something that can tolerate heat and dry outs...
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

giant splinter

Mountain Cedar (Juniperus Ashei)
I am almost sure this is a cedar but I cant seem to hit it on the head,is there a limit to the number of tries we can drag this out through?   ;D
roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 27, 2013, 04:35:17 PM
Weeping Alaskan Cedar (Chamaecyparis Nootkatensis)

dadgum you, Charlie! Nope. smiley_swinging_board

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 27, 2013, 04:43:56 PM
Mountain Cedar (Juniperus Ashei)
I am almost sure this is a cedar but I cant seem to hit it on the head,is there a limit to the number of tries we can drag this out through?   ;D

;D ;D ;D  Victorious once again. HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHHAAA

Uh, NO

But there are only just so many trees.

smiley_alcoholic_01 smiley_alcoholic_01 smiley_alcoholic_01

mesquite buckeye

Jay C. White Cloud

Juniperus californica California Juniper

Jay C. White Cloud

Calocedrus decurrens Incense Cedar     Saw one of these up near Mt. Lemon in a  landscape I think?  Just seems to dry for it to get as big as the one in your photos.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 27, 2013, 06:21:51 PM
Juniperus californica California Juniper

Stumping the Wizard, even for a moment, brings joy to my heart ;D

No way, dude....... :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 27, 2013, 06:28:40 PM
Calocedrus decurrens Incense Cedar     Saw one of these up near Mt. Lemon in a  landscape I think?  Just seems to dry for it to get as big as the one in your photos.

Far as I know, not east of California......

Not that..... :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

smiley_gossip smiley_eek_dropjaw splitwood_smiley

Jay C. White Cloud

say_what smiley_turkey_dancing pinkie_invert pinkie_invert pinkie_invert smiley_big-grin2 smiley_whacko

mesquite buckeye

mesquite buckeye

I'm getting board here...... smiley_sleeping  That's like a timber guy pun...

Okrafarmer

Deodar cedar, or its close cousin Cedar of Lebanon
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

Norfolk Island Pine.
Japanese Cedar
Dawn Redwood
Scots Pine
European yew?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Okrafarmer

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 27, 2013, 09:38:00 PM
I'm getting board here...... smiley_sleeping  That's like a timber guy pun...
I heard you belonged to a splinter group.

Thank You Sponsors!