iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CB 6048 shut down procedure?

Started by Kemper, May 15, 2020, 10:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kemper

My usual shut down procedure is empty the ashes out and put used motor oil on the walls including top & bottom. Do I need to do anything to the water? I ask this because I had trouble with the water starting that season and after a few flushes and all new chemicals got all the funk out. Thanks in advance. 

E Yoder

I'm not sure what Central Boiler recommends specifically, the owners manual would say for sure.
Typically it's best left full of water, all the way up to the top. 
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

woody_88

I picked up on a tip from a member on here. Whenever I cut the grass, I go plug in my pump, and unplug it when I'm done. They said it allows the system to cycle thru since not in use. Haven't done it long enough to know any different but it makes sense in my mind. 

Everything else you are spot on tho!

Wood Shed

In addition to basic cleaning of ashes and oiling ash pan I close the valve on the furnace and on both sides of the circulator pump which is located in the basement.  When October arrives I will be starting my 15th season with my CB 6048.  Time flies, just shut it down a few days before memorial day.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

Thank You Sponsors!