iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Engine swap

Started by vatkins, August 21, 2023, 12:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vatkins

Hey guys, been awhile since I've posted. I'm doing an engine swap in the Clark 664B. Out with the 353 Detriot and in with a 4b Cummins. My question is does anyone know what I need for bellhousing and the flywheel to connect the Clark C272 88 tranny to the Cummins 4b ? I've seen 664's with a cummins so I know it's possible! I'll try to post about the progress. Thanks in advance guys. 

DanielW

I'm afraid I can't help on the bellhousing adapter, but let me know if you want to unload that 3-53 Detroit!

Satamax

Well, if nothing comes from someone in the know. I'v seen Websites with SAE bell housings "standards" i can't remember where, but they're out there. The cummins end shouldn't be too complicated to figure out.  If you can find the tranny's documentation, you should be able to figure it all out. 
Understanding SAE Bellhousing and Flywheel Measurements - Seaboard Marine

SAE Housing and Flywheel Sizing Guides | Complete List

https://oemdynamics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/09-PT5-engine-pump-and-motor-standards.pdf

SAE bell housings standards - Google Search
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

wrightk20

My 664b has a 4bt in it. I can certainly get you a part number for the bellowing. Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!