iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wasp Sting

Started by Magicman, July 06, 2014, 04:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

During the midst of our 4th activities Pat got nailed just above her left eye by a "barn wasp".  Those big orange dudes that are very aggressive and protective.  She has no allergy, but her face is still "wrinkle free".

Who is this stranger??   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

luvmexfood

Ouch! Years ago we had a clothesline in addition to dryer and the ex used it a lot in summer. Went and got a shirt out of drawer that had been in there at least a week and put it on. Wasp had been there the whole time and nailed my shoulder. Could only imagine on the face.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

clww

Poor Pat! :( Get well soon.
Only thing I am allergic to are bee stings.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Warbird

petefrom bearswamp

Ouch,
Stinging insects seem to come out of nowhere.
Hope you heal quickly Pat!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Gadrock

I know a sting to the head is terrible. A few weeks ago I got a sting to the temple and the next day my glasses did not fit loosely at all. All this was accompanied by some serious throbbing.

Hope things all work out to the good.

David G

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

thecfarm

That is too bad. We have a wooden chair outside. There was a hornets nest about the size of a baseball under it!! Talk about a hot seat.   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Yup, a Grandson spotted a hornet nest under an outside light fixture about that size.   :o

Pat is beginning to show some wrinkles again, so she is getting better.  The itching has been miserable.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

Red wasp hit me on the upper lip, looked like I had the biggest chaw ever.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

submarinesailor

Got 4 yellow jacket stings on the back of my head one time.  Man did it drive me nuts for about a week.

Bruce

LeeB

Haven't been stung in years. They just don't seem to bother me. They are all in the feed sheds and just fly around me. Last one that got was about 10 years ago and it hit me right between the eyes. Came out of nowhere with a vengeance. Thought I had been hit by a baseball bat.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I got nailed yesterday AM on the forearm.  I hooked the scraper blade to the JD and, yup, there was a nest underneath a bracket that I did not see.  Those orange devils mean business.

red oaks lumber

thursday afternoon at the shop i got nailed behind my right ear, felt like a club hit me :( that nest was dispatched. last night after getting the grill going, walking away 2 wasps nailed me in the same area behind my ear,i can hardly hear out my right ear and my neck is swollen with my right arm tingling. oh did i mention the itching? worse than a dog with fleas :D
earlier this spring i was boasting about not getting stung in years. :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

SwampDonkey

Now lst year was hornet free pretty much arond here, but I'm finding cup sized nests already, the beginnings of soccerball sized ones.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!