iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Posting pictures on FF

Started by Ljohnsaw, October 28, 2012, 11:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

I'm relatively new to this forum - great stuff and I'd like to share some equipment builds I'll be doing this winter.  This forum seems to be the same as another forum I use for camping.  So I'm assuming the pictures work the same way - host them somewhere and link to them in your posts.

However, I was using --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!-- for over a year and really like how that site worked.  Unfortunately, they have been replaced with Smile and will begin charging.  Its free right now, but I cannot get it to upload any new pictures.  Rather than figure it out since I don't want to pay, I'm looking for recommendation on other free sites.

Can anyone list what free sites that they use and why that particular one over the others. 

Thanks!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Jeff

Any photo that you would like to post on the Forestry Forum can be uploaded to here, In fact, we insist they be here to maintain the integrity of the topics. Every member has a gallery. But ONLY photos that are used in posts here may be uploaded. The Gallery is not for storing photos for any other reason, and once uploaded and used in a post, they must never never ever be removed.

You bring up a very important situation that I have been preaching about for years, and has angered many people because of my position, but now it comes to fruition with what you tell us.  As you have found out, if you would have been posting photos here, and hosting them on your free site, that we do not allow (Notice what the forum did to your link in the first post)  All of the photos on the forestry forum that would have been placed by you or anyone else using that photos hosting, would be turned to smiley faces.  So, to those that debated with me about this, I'd like to offer my obligatory "I Told you so" ;)

Here is a link to my video tutorial on how to add photos here. Once you know how, it is easy, and if you have trouble, there are thousands here that will help.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,56957.msg827087.html#msg827087

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

Thank you!  That is the one thing I don't like on the other forum - when peoples hosting sites go away, so goes the content of their post.
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

bill m

Jeff, Is there a way to add a tag or something so that when a photo is used in a post it can not be deleted except by you or the owner with your permission? Or would that be wrong.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Jeff

Its easy enough to keep track if you follow the rules of the forum. You are only supposed to upload a photo that you are going to use in a post.  :)

petefrom bearswamp

I mainly use chromebook for getting on the forum.
Some of my android photos magically appear on both the machine and in my gallery but not all.
also no luck with videos, do I have to go thru youtube to post vids?
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jeff

Yes, videos must be posted to youtube, then linked to in your post.

Ljohnsaw

Wow, a blast from the past!  I totally forgot about this post. ;)
John Sawicky

petefrom bearswamp

Now I jut have to learn how to post to youtube.
Grandson is coming today and Im sure he knows how, will get a lesson.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!