Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 09, 2016, 10:00:51 PM
Hey!  Start your own thread!
Dis here is the Claxton Fruit Cake place. :D
:D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Chuck White

I had a really nice "regifted" fruitcake given to me a week ago, donor said we don't really care for them.

It weighs around 3-4 pounds and in a collectors tin.

Since I was already into another fruitcake, I put this one in the freezer, the claim is, they'll keep for 2-3 months.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

samandothers

Watched a you tube video from Southern Supreme where it appeared the cake is baked.  Afterwards it was still soft and they formed the cakes.  The entire video shows a lot of food processing/baking for items they sell.  Lots of labor working to create the yummy looking items.  I got real hungry watching.

Chuck White

My Mom used to make a few fruitcakes for the holidays and she used to start them in late October.

Some would take longer than others, some with, some without Rum.

But they were All good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

I don't know how it happened but I completely missed out on fruit cake this year. :'( Ate more than my fair share of mince meat and butter tarts but still although my waist line thanks me for it
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 09, 2016, 10:00:51 PM
Hey!  Start your own thread!
Dis here is the Claxton Fruit Cake place. :D

I'll take my toys and go home then.  sling_shot

At least when I was eating my Southern Supreme Fruit Cake I was thinking about Y'all.....
it's just full of nuts.  :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

samandothers

Nothing against Claxton at all! 

Sounds like that if you want to try some fruit cake and have not had the Collin Street Bakery Fruitcake nor the Southern Supreme it would be worth the try!  I am certainly enjoying the Southern Supreme.  Nuts and all!

elk42

This is home made on bake fruitcake I made wed. I like this better than claxton and never tried Collin street.

Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

Chuck White

Sure looks good, elk!   digin_2

elk42

Yes it is good and easy to make only 30 minutes to make.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,

samandothers

Very tasty looking!  You did a great job. Family recipe?

elk42

Yes it was my mothers recipe she would always make it Christmas . It brings good memories  every time I take time to make it up. The day after Christmas  my dad and I
would  take a big piece and ham and hunt all day.

samandothers

Is it a secret family recipe passed down?

coxy

fruit cake must be a mostly a southern thing   like grits sorry haven't heard anything about grits a while  :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

samandothers

Well, I like grits but not with fruit cake!

elk42

I am a southerner and I don't like grits.  All fruitcake are not the same.

Samandothers this is  the recipe 

elk42

I think those northern brothers eat some weird foods also.  :D :D food1 sketti_1

elk42

I think a little of that Good N.Y. MAPLE SYRUP in the fruitcake would be fine.

coxy

Quote from: elk42 on January 11, 2016, 08:58:43 PM
   I think a little of that Good N.Y. MAPLE SYRUP in the fruitcake would be fine.
steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley steve_smiley why would you ruin maple syrup with fruit cake  :D

samandothers

Elk
Thank you!  Seems fairly simple.  Maybe I can sweet talk the wife into preparing some!

customsawyer

The wife and I took a short Harley ride today. Happened to go through Claxton. Went right by the factory where they are made.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on January 31, 2016, 05:12:18 PM
The wife and I took a short Harley ride today. Happened to go through Claxton. Went right by the factory where they are made.

Should I be looking for a little something in the mail?  ;D

Mooseherder

Why, are you thirsty or sumpthin? :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I did not know this about Claxton.  :)

Magicman

But then, you are sheltered. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!