iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePineJunky and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

thecfarm

Was 45° today. Saw the sun, but not for long or all that bright.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WhitePineJunky

Quite a lot of rain and has been raining for days 
We got a rainfall warning from now til Saturday 

SwampDonkey

40°F here, rain, and 5" left to melt. Of course there is more in drifts and where it was pushed with a plow. But over all depth under the open sky is 5" remaining.  ffwave

Later today and Friday is suppose to be hard rain up here, warnings issued.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Soggy and foggy . Keeping a smudge going at 38* fire_smiley 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

Looks almost like that snowstorm we got last weekend. It starts and don't want to stop. But this time all rain. They are calling for just about 24 hours of rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WhitePineJunky

14c out last night 
Peepers

Nebraska

Yesterday morning was cold but the evening warmed up to the low 40's melted most of the snow. Going to hit 60 ish today. Hoping the wind is mild. 

Jim_Rogers

Raining hard over night here in NC. Supposed to rain most of today.
We even heard some thunder.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

SwampDonkey

It's been 48+ hrs of rain here, not always hard like now, but rain and fog with it. Another 2 days of it. I don't see that the creek is real high yet, by tomorrow it will be. They are saying could be thunderstorm down pours at times.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Boy am I glad I forced myself out to cut yesterday! Temps are nominally about the same, winds similar and low, some rain both days, BUT today is much 'nastier'. Yesterday with light rain off and on as I worked, the air felt fairly dry and the rain increased in the afternoon. Right now the air feels soaking wet, it's damp and snotty, with humidity at 99%, rained through the night until 4am, then stopped, but it's hanging in the air. The temp has ben very slowly dropping since midnight.
 So, very similar conditions, but very different feels to the day.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

woodroe

Starting to hear the roar of running water in the hood. 
We are down a foot of snow since Sunday and with the rain
coming down could see some flooding by tomorrow. Back to spring 
and mud .

thecfarm

Still a light rain tonight. 
I never did have to run the wipers steady today. Sometimes it stopped for 15 minutes at a time.
Was a steady rain first thing this morning.

SwampDonkey

2" of snow remaining at the same spot I measured since the big snow bomb. 38°F here this morning. Been a steady rain here for many hours. We had a 1 hr break after dinner Thursday, so I went for a walk, by the time I got back it was rolling back in and has never stopped. The grassy area has a nice squishy feeling.  ffcheesy

thecfarm

Looks like rain here until 11 this morning. These last 2 storms don't like to stop when they got started.
Should see some sun this weekend!!!!   Have not seen much of that what seems like a week.

woodroe

Plenty of water around here if anyone needs some.  ffcheesy
Still 38* with a smudge going. Looking forward to some  :sunny:

SwampDonkey

Lots of rain here, never stopped all day. I'm surprised none of the fields have ponds in them after almost 20" of snow went poof plus add in the rain. Been the nastiest month for bad weather this year. I wonder what April will dump on us?  ffcheesy ffcheesy

thecfarm

We just had a steady week of rain!!!
Still snow here. Had the rain to take it away, but with temps in the high 30's and not much even in the mid 40's kept it on the cool side.

thecfarm

Sun is out full bore!!!
But that wind is making things bad.  smiley_thumbsdown
It is 40° but sure does not feel like it.

B.C.C. Lapp

Steady rain here. Again.
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Ljohnsaw

We are in a pattern with a low spinning of the coast sending drier air that is spawning very scattered showers, heavy at times. Not quite thunderstorms. Trying to get a little room addition weather tight before I leave next week.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

SwampDonkey

Yes one nasty week after another. 5 day storm here with mostly rain, took more of the previous weekend snow off. But ended with 3" of heavy wet snow and wind that I hand scooped off the drive way. We last power yesterday morning until 4:00 pm. And internet was lost in the night from wind and heavy snow on trees. Got that back this evening sometime. What's next?!  smiley_thumbsdown It did clear out late in the day and nice blue and sun before dark with a glimpse of Mnt Katahdin.  :thumbsup: :sunny:

SwampDonkey

22°F this morning with stars and moon out. I'm glad that week is over.  ffwave ffcool  ffcheesy ffcheesy

woodroe

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 31, 2024, 04:33:18 AM22°F this morning with stars and moon out. I'm glad that week is over.  ffwave ffcool  ffcheesy ffcheesy
I concur. 
Get ready for round 2. Starting Wed night another big snow dump predicted. 
Winter be lingering. 

SwampDonkey

I see a 12 hr one Thursday night into Friday showing up. Nothing as long duration like last week. But still rain/snow mix.  smiley_thumbsdown

Will hopefully have the shop up with a steel roof before that. :D

SwampDonkey

28°F this morning. Moon and stars, so a clear start. High of around 40°F expected. That northerly air flow keeps it from warming very fast during the day.   :snowball:

Starting the wood shop construction this morning.  ffsmiley

Thank You Sponsors!