iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New crd corporate video?

Started by logman81, April 22, 2014, 04:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Have any of you seen the new vid from crdmetalworks just wondering what you thought of it ?
Precision Firewood & Logging

deastman

Is it the one that shows their new folding conveyor?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

logman81

North river got it, what do think guys?

EricR

Kind of off topic, but for those of you that have a circular saw, what happens if you were to hit a piece of steel.  Do you have the potential of destroying it or do they have replaceable teeth

North River Energy

Quote from: EricR(-retracted-)
Your original post was more informative.

As to the video itself, the evolution of the company/machinery and some of the interesting design concepts should be emphasized over the kind of storytelling that, in the end, may do a disservice to the company.

It's the machine that earns you money, and if the machine is up to the job, there's really no need for a 'dramatic' backstory.

logman81

heat maker

You gotta admit, Its pretty cool seeing a quality machine like theres.  Being produced by a little Ma and Pa shop like they have..

BargeMonkey

Quote from: EricR on April 23, 2014, 11:53:29 AM
Kind of off topic, but for those of you that have a circular saw, what happens if you were to hit a piece of steel.  Do you have the potential of destroying it or do they have replaceable teeth
They have inserted teeth, but if you hit a big enough piece of metal you may wipe the shoulders off the saw or risk sending shrapnel flying. We hit a horse shoe years ago amd brought our frick mill to a quick stop, destroyed the saw and drive shaft.

logman81

Ya that's what I would be scared of flying bits of metal.

glassman_48

logman81,
I believe that they have 1/4" lexan installed in front of where they sit.  That is considered "bulletproof" when I started in the glass business many years ago, the lexan sales man told me that 1/8" lexan would stop a .22 bullet and that 1/4" lexan would stop a .32 bullet.  I have no idea why that stuck with me all these years.  I installed a small 1/8" piece of lexan in front of my metal shield just to be safe from flying chips etc.  It also acts as a dust shield too.   

North River Energy

glassman_48

North River Energy,
Thank you for that info, I have always been concerned about standing behind my metal cage on my processor and wondering what would happen if a chain broke.  I am going to revamp my whole cage with at least 1/4" lexan or 1/4" then the metal cage, then 1/4" again.  I always have a lot of lexan scrap material from my glass business.  That is why I brought up the safety issue in the first place.  I have never been really comfortable.  Some of the machines out there just have the "U" shaped type metal arc that follows the path of the chain saw bar. I purchased 3/8 or
1/2" sheets of lexan for our local hockey rink, they would shatter occasionally with hard checks into the boards.  Those pictures were amazing,,,,,thank you again

North River Energy

^You're welcome.  The dynamics of a circle blade grenade are likely different than a broken chain, but I think it's fair to say that anything less than 3/4" lexan properly supported is a bit chancy.

They don't give that stuff away though.

timberlinetree

We get our clevises for tire chains from the little store next to beacon's tractor!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Dave Shepard

In 2000 a friend of mine and I went out to Bacon's to look at a new Kubota. I remember it well, it was the day diesel went from $1.54 to $2.27 overnight. :o He's a character. I also believe the Bacon's have tone of the oldest tree farms in the state.

I didn't think too much of the video. Yeah, we get it, the guy can bolt a bunch of hardware together and make a firewood processor. He didn't put a man on the moon.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

BargeMonkey

For the money I think he has the best one on the market. You cant get into a 2040 multitek for under 120k. When we upgrade its going to be a loco, with a 24ft infeed conveyor.

Thank You Sponsors!