iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

out of business, back to work!

Started by xlogger, June 03, 2012, 07:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Oh the joy of dealing with others, I am navigating an issue here at my place and I must say it may have been "good timing" as it prompted me to look again at my codes in our township and they were planning to "propose" a change nearly ALL ag land to a lesser (more restrictive class called "Rural Residential") I had not been aware of this nor any of my Ag zoned friends, so off I go organizing and potentially leading a fight to keep our Ag Zoning. Mine 18 acres, and my nieghbors 32 acres were to drop two classes to Suburban Residential, which would be the same as several bedroom communities (ticky tacky little lots etc)  ::) DUH, hello???? So off to an appointment with the Chairman of the Board of Trustees next Tuesday. I have begun to make ALL currently zoned Ag folks aware they are about to have their property tights eroded. Already have the posters and design for the brochure at the county fair next month and the local farm store. HAZARD "Hempfield Agriculturally Zoned Against ReDistricting" hopefully they can realize they are doing something very unpopular. This will be interesting, may have to run for office. We are a very mixed community of developments and farms. 

Ironwood   
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Ironwood

I could tell the story of my issue with a nieghbor, but will save that for a later date when all that has blown over. The internet can bite'cha". He has turned me in to every entity possible and has blown his whole wad on the first salvo, NOW where his rights end,...mine begin......

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Ironwood on July 18, 2012, 04:26:39 PM
Oh the joy of dealing with others, I am navigating an issue here at my place and I must say it may have been "good timing" as it prompted me to look again at my codes in our township and they were planning to "propose" a change nearly ALL ag land to a lesser (more restrictive class called "Rural Residential") I had not been aware of this nor any of my Ag zoned friends, so off I go organizing and potentially leading a fight to keep our Ag Zoning. Mine 18 acres, and my nieghbors 32 acres were to drop two classes to Suburban Residential, which would be the same as several bedroom communities (ticky tacky little lots etc)  ::) DUH, hello???? So off to an appointment with the Chairman of the Board of Trustees next Tuesday. I have begun to make ALL currently zoned Ag folks aware they are about to have their property tights eroded. Already have the posters and design for the brochure at the county fair next month and the local farm store. HAZARD "Hempfield Agriculturally Zoned Against ReDistricting" hopefully they can realize they are doing something very unpopular. This will be interesting, may have to run for office. We are a very mixed community of developments and farms. 

Ironwood

Losing the ag zoning would increase property tax rates...? No doubt that is their motive.

Satamax

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on July 18, 2012, 04:40:15 PM
Quote from: Ironwood on July 18, 2012, 04:26:39 PM

Ironwood

Losing the ag zoning would increase property tax rates...? No doubt that is their motive.
Wouldn't it make the land buildable on the whole of the acreage and be worth a lot more too?

If i had some land, wich went up in price a lot, and a bad neignbor, i wouldn't mind moving a little further :D
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

SwampDonkey

Nobody, for the most part, bothers anyone else around here because we are a long way off from the urban life. A lot of those guys down that way might think of themselves as new country folks, but they are just a short drive to suburbia. They'll never give up those conveniences. Some of them have tried it up here, but they didn't last long. ;)

I had an uncle who worked with an East Indian, some 40 years ago. The guy commented one day, "What kind of place is this? You darn near freeze too death in winter and burn up in the summer." :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LOGDOG

Quote from: xlogger on June 23, 2012, 07:16:16 AM
I finally got an email from the county after I worried them alot about being unfair. They told me if I only saw for myself here and did not advertise I could use the mill here on my farm. Do you think I should move the mill within 100 ft of his house, my land gets that close if I'd like to do it? :D

The best advertising is word of mouth anyway. Let 'er rip!

Ironwood

It is an odd thing, the Chairman of the trustees is telling me this will limit development as it it will make it more difficult to divide into small lots, which Ag currently allows, but to remove Ag zoned peoples options for land use (prescribed and acessory uses) will also drive them to sell to....developers and move away, DUH!!! This is actually going to get intersting, I went an talked to a buddy who is a local opinion leader among active farms, on the County Fair Board etc.... we will be using his machine shed for some meetings and talked to him about a booth at the County Fair to help get the word out. The BIG farms are safe, it is a smaller acreages 5-10-40-60 that are going to see there property rights ERODED. so stupid to even expend the resources to do this as a township, they gotta realize people will be livid.  ::) 

Ironwood

Ironwood

Not to steal the thread, but didnt want to start another about zoning issues, OK Admins?

So, swung by the Muni building, and it was FUN, kept running into people I knew or have met, citizens, employees, etc...  ;D The secretary kept smiling as yet ANOTHER person was "hey, ____, how are you.?"  Kinda of funny, and helped break the ice with the one code enforcement guy I didnt know that well. I think this is going to actually put me in a BETTER light than before my nieghbor called them. Those poor folks really get to see folks at their WORST! To have someone there with there 10 year old and his buddy educating them and observing, all smiling and being REASONABLE and trying to NOT have them be the "arbitor of last resort" I think they find REFRESHING.  The fact that I IMMEADIATELY went to nieghbor and said "lets work this out" seems to get you some mileage. Then to have leaned of the new proposed zoning, and the Code folks said , "YEAH we told them it was a BAD idea, they wont listen. " I said well then dont be surprised if you see my name as an organizer of oppostion", they thought that was a GOOD idea!!! Man just too FUNNY.

Keep you posted. I keep talking to Ag Zoned folks and NOONE know of this!!!!  HAZARD, Hampton Agriculturally Zoned Against ReDistricting (made up the Hampton, ours is an "H" though)

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!