iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bar oil and oiler for chainsaw saw mills any suggestions

Started by electric logger, January 22, 2013, 08:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric logger

What type of bar oiler works for chainsaw saw mill and do you thin bar oil?
Suggestion please based on your experience

lumberjack48

No experience with a saw mill, just a chainsaw. The best oil i used is Rock Drill oil, you can get about any weight or what would work the best for you.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

Quote from: lumberjack48 on January 23, 2013, 05:43:40 PM
No experience with a saw mill, just a chainsaw. The best oil i used is Rock Drill oil, you can get about any weight or what would work the best for you.
i can remember buying rock drill oil. at the time it was 5 bucks for a 5 gal pail. ya it was a long time ago. now i pay 7 sumtin a gal for bar oil

rick f

Snowstorm where can you buy B+C oil for 7-8 bucks a gallon. Is it winter weight?
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

snowstorm

Quote from: rick f on January 23, 2013, 06:23:34 PM
Snowstorm where can you buy B+C oil for 7-8 bucks a gallon. Is it winter weight?
denniston lube in gardener . they are the irving distrubtor for all of maine. used to be windward in bangor that till irving fired them. never did hear what happened. a few years back a girl from  irving in st john called me saying they had a new distrubtor. she wouldnt tell what happened. denniston has been great and they handle more than just irving. they do deliver dont know if they come down your way or not. they are a wholesale dis.

thecfarm

electric logger,welcome to the forum.Never even seen a CSM run.

snowstorm,do they sell to the public or do I need to be a wholesaler? I know some places do not sell to the public.Would not bother me to but 4 cases at a time. Tractor supply keeps going up on the price. I think they are up to $8 on sale now. I have at least 20 gallons now. Gardner is not far from Hallowell where the wife son and the FIL lives.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!