iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Internet explorer version

Started by Faron, March 02, 2008, 03:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Can anyone tell me how to tell what version of internet explorer I am running?  Windows XP, if that makes a difference.  My next move with this thing is going to involve a hammer >:(.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

logwalker

Have you tried Mozilla Firefox? Cured all my I.E. problems. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Radar67

Open IE, click on Help, then About and it will show you the version.

Firefox is much better without the headaches.  ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Bibbyman

Quote from: Faron on March 02, 2008, 03:58:43 PM
Can anyone tell me how to tell what version of internet explorer I am running?  Windows XP, if that makes a difference.  My next move with this thing is going to involve a hammer >:(.

If it's IE 8, then that accounts for the  >:( face.

Mary downloaded IE8 on one PC and it sucked.  I asked her why she did it and she said, "Well,  it said to."  I threatened her to never do it on the other PC. 

We just got a new box to replace the junk system we had and it's got IE7 even though it's also got Windows Vista.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Faron

My taxcut for business will not open. I get a message saying I need IE explorer 6 or higher.  I have downloaded explorer 7, but it will not finish installing. Tried Explorer 6, and it will not install, saying there is a newer version already installed. >:( The 05 and 06 taxcut for business  won't open either.  I normally use Foxfire.

Thanks, Radar. I checked and I do already have 6.something or other.  I hate computers. ::)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

SwampDonkey

The only reason you would need IE is for ActiveX sites. I believe there has been a ruling against Microsoft making you use their browser. So, there must be some issues with your computer, possibly. I haven't needed IE for a long time and I only use it to play UNO online now.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have no idea what is going on with your problem.If it says there is a version already installed you may have to go to Explorer website and downlaod a program to remove all version of IE.Seems like I had trouble with Norton anti virus and I had to go to Norton website to remove all of norton.Once I did it I was all set.But I don't know if that will work or not.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

logwalker

Go into add/remove programs in the Control Panel and remove all I.E versions. Then open Firefox and go get I.E. again and it should install. I keep a working copy to use when nothing else will. Good Luck, Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Thank You Sponsors!