iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

40% LESS likely to have a heart attack if you have a.......?

Started by mike_van, July 17, 2008, 12:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_van

"cat"      that was  the answer to a   'radio show' question the other day.    Now, we have two - So am I  80% less likely,  dead even, or 40% more likely?  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

SPIKER

Mike do you also have a WIFE? that makes you like 80% more likely to die from heart attack! hahaah :D but if you tell my woman I said that I'll be  >:(
:)
:o ::)

mark M  errr no I'm nobody wasn't here didn't say that ;)
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Weekend_Sawyer

If I had a cat I'd probably die of a heart attack from sneezing!
I'm very alergic.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Warbird

Having 2 cats negates all bonuses....  unless you have a wife.  Then the more cats you have, the higher your bonuses are.  ;D

Me: "The cats stink!  And their hair is everywhere in the house!"
Wife: "But they are so cuddly and cuuuuuuuute!"
Me: "Lord...  please... "

moonhill

We have 7 cats.  They are outside cats, no hair inside, just on the outside where it should be.  Mouse patrol and it works.   Tim B.
This is a test, please stand by...

Left Coast Chris

The likely assumption of the study is that if you OWN a CAT you LIKE the CAT.  Unfortunately, that leaves many of us out of the benefit column including myself.... :) ::) ::)

My wife is the cat lover and they just do stuff like pee in my truck air intake vents, shoes or if I leave a sweat shirt by the garage steps.  They are not too high on the list of nice animals for myself.... :(
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Engineer

My 13-yr-old son negates the cat's alleged benefits.   ::)

Besides, my cat ralphs up giant wet hairballs on my shop floor, and that does NOT endear him to me.   :o :(   I think getting rid of the teenager AND the cat would make me less likely to have a heart attack.

It's said that married men live much longer than single men but are much more willing to die.   :D

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

People who believe that a cat might help you to avoid heart attacks have never had a cat, in play, run out from behind the couch, jump on your leg and give it a good shake, then tear across the room on the walls, climb the curtain, jump to the mantle where you keep the Ming vase from 3500BC, jump toward the screen door, making a swipe at the fish tank as he passes, missing the door and landing on the little table holding the fruit punch in Grandmom's crystal bowl.  Totally out of balance and twisting to be on his feet, he'll sit, lick his paw and say, "I meant to do that".

Timburr

We have a saying for such manic cat behaviour, "Dad , the cat's having a mad half hour again!"

There must be a subtle difference between American and British cats.   Their high energy acrobatics are similar here, but our cats have never had the occasion for a 2500BC Ming vase to be a part of their lives.   :D ;D
Sense is not common

Haytrader

I always maintained that if God had meant for dogs and cats to live in the house he would have made it so they could hold a hammer and nails in thier paws to build thier own.

;D :D ;D :D
Haytrader

moonhill

This is a test, please stand by...

lancek

we will have a hart attack"s  anyway dealing with all the tree huggers!

CLL

I used to have a blue heeler that wasn't exactly enduring of cats. Thankfully the dog stayed and wife left. 8)
Too much work-not enough pay.

WH_Conley

Last cat we had that came in the house decided to have a bite of supper, a roast that was thawing on the table. Can anybody say "Catgone", it's a word around here now.
Bill

Polly

8)  people who own a woodmizer saw less likely to have a heart attach they get plenty of exersize  :) :) :) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!