iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting in trouble for coming into the house covered with sawdust

Started by SteelyT, January 09, 2024, 09:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelyT

Before you pity me......
Doesn't that actually signify that "I'm living the life?" 8)

thegoodlife

Nebraska

Old Greenhorn

I try to be thoughtful and I knock off most of it, only leaving the stuff that is glued to my clothes by sweat.

The only alternative is to take off all your clothes and leave them outside the door. How would that go over? :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

barbender

I am like the sawdust version of Pigpen. I just leave a trail wherever I go. If it's not from the sawmill, I'm running a chainsaw or the firewood processor. Yes, I'm living the life and so are you, SteelyT!😁
Too many irons in the fire

Brad_bb

You just need to learn to strip naked outside and then come in the house and give your wife the crazy eyes and say "Well..... I'm ready!"
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

longtime lurker

Everything I own is full of sawdust and dog hair.

Seeing as it's just me and #SharPeiPuppyLove that seems to not be too much of an issue
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

barbender

I forgot to mention the dog hair...with all of the sawdust and hair, our house could probably more properly be called a den or lair😁
Too many irons in the fire

Ianab

Unfortunately, giving the other half a new vacuum cleaner for her birthday doesn't seem to solve the issue.  ??? :D

My problem is more sawdust in the pocket gets into the cell phone charge ports... That's both my problem, and self inflicted.    ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

chickenchaser

Yessir...as long as I empty my pockets and remove my boots OUTSIDE....she's good.

Even tells me I smell good after sawing pine.
And no.........

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

Magicman

A leaf blower will get most of it off, but you really need a tailgunner to do it.

Yesterday I was a total sawdust mess.  I had a heavy SW wind directly in my face all day.  Sawing was difficult and I was sawing large logs which is the worst.  I thought that I was OK until I started removing my shirt when I found that sawdust had blown down my collar and I had sawdust all of the way to my drawers.  (No Picture).  Hopefully today will be better.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jpassardi

Lynn: thanks for sparing us the photo!  :)
Yeah, large logs puts the sawdust higher and helps to get more of it in your face...
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Rhodemont

Mariann had me set up the old washer in the basement and connect it to the sump pump line.  A load of sawdust ridden work clothes and I get notice to go clean out the filter.
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

Don P

One of my favorite clients was an elderly lady we were remodeling for. We were wasting time trying not to track into the house and she said "You all quit worrying about that, I live in my house  :D"

B.C.C. Lapp

My wife never minds the saw dust.  She says sawdust on the floor, and everything else I get near, means money in the bank.   8)
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

SawyerTed

My wife considers the sawdust a good thing too (within reason).  Not only does it mean dollars earned, it means her retired husband is staying busy and active, not drinking barley pop by the fire all day (which happens on occasion anyway).   8)

As long as I'm sawing, stacking lumber, cutting up slabs, shoveling sawdust etc. I don't HAVE to go to the gym or go running with her.  Her I don't mind, it's running I don't like.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

We had 3" of rain yesterday, had around 100 hens that decided not to go back into their elevated, portable, coops, instead they decided to roost under the coops - that's not an option - the coops have slatted floors, we had 3" of rain, the birds had to come out from under the coops....being covered in sawdust would have been the least of my worries...
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chep

I was wondering when Southside would chime in about what he heads inside the house smelling like.  :D
I'll stick to sawdust and she plays it like she minds. But she knows if I'm in the sawdust then I'm a happy boy doing what I love

Southside

Yea - I stood outside in the rain, literally hosed myself down from head to toe - most of which ran into my Muck Boots  it was a wonderful experience.   ::)
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

chickenchaser

Southside

I began to chuckle between "decided " and "roost " - only because I knew the end of the story. The only thing more pleasant than a relatively "clean" wet chicken is a shicolate coated wet chicken.

Do you suppose we could roll in a sawdust pile and it would work similar to Oil Dry?

CC
WoodMizer LT35HD

JD 3720 w/loader. 1983 Chevrolet C30 dump. 1973 Ford F600 w/stickloader. 35,000 chickens.

Stephen1

I dug out clean winter pants from last winter and yep....sawdust in the pockets
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Resonator

I've heard ladies say that sawing Spruce smells like Christmas. smiley_christmas
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

chet

When chipping lots of Spruce, Balsam, Cedar or Yellow Birch I got comments on how well I smelled. Especially in winter.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!