iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!

Started by racer9, February 01, 2005, 02:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racer9

Happy Groundhog day from Punxsutawney PA! 8)
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

Cedarman

My grandfather was born on Feb 2, 1874.
My son was born in Punxy in 1974 but not on groundhogs day.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jeff

Say heh ta phil and Bill Murray for my eh? :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Our ground pigs were all froze up I'm afraid. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Avalancher

Well, whats the verdict? More winter, early summer, or ? ::)

Corley5

He didn't see his shadow here today but it was 35 degrees 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Roxie

Racer9.....I've heard two different versions of what the groundhog saw today.....PLEASE, tell me he did NOT see his shadow!!   :-\
Say when

racer9

Yes, he saw his shadow, 6 more weeks of winter. :(
Husky 345, Husky 55 rancher, Husky 372xp, Husky 288, Husky 395xp

Corley5

The little fella didn't see his shadow here in N. Michigan so I'm going for the early spring ;D

jerry-m

You Dog Gone Right, He didn't see his shadow here in East Texas so I am planing some early spring Fishing Trips... Might ::) plan / work in some sawmilling logging also, But not if it interferres with my Fishing... Come onCrappie spawn...

Jerry
Jerry

Minnesota_boy

The ground hog saw his shadow you say?  6 more weeks of winter?  Hooray, it's going to be a short winter!!  :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Furby

wiam

I figure that in northern VT there will be at least 6 more weeks of winter anyway.

Will

jtmccallum

Corley5
I was up through Wolverine and Boyne Falls couple of weeks ago, noticed you guys don't have much snow.
At 35* it may be spring 8)...........still wouldn,t rule out 6 more weeks of winter :D
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

ohsoloco

No wonder he saw his shadow, it was like spring out there today with the sun shining and the air above freezing  :)   

Sunny and in the forties this weekend....I'm getting out the sunscreen  8)

Corley5

Compared to most winters the snow is pretty slim 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D.  The winter sports enthusiasts and the businesses that cater to them aren't real happy but everybody else is ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Last I heard we might have sunshine and mid 40s on Saturday 8) 8)

SwampDonkey

I'm looking at 15 weeks before the first green spouts appear. Not many people up this way plant gardens in March. I've seen some of our worst winter storms in that month. March of '99 was a real wretch.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

redpowerd

why is groundhog day more celebrated than presidents day or tom jeffersons birthday? just a thought.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

SwampDonkey

What about Lincoln and Washington, whose birthdays are this month? ;)

Roxie

I wouldn't say that Groundhog Day is more celebrated than the President's Birthdays....February 21st is a NATIONAL Holiday for that.
Groundhog's day is sort of Pennyslyvania's answer to Mardi Gras.  A reason for a party.  Punxsutawney's only claim to fame!   :D
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!