iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello Everybody, I need help.

Started by Haydn, October 21, 2012, 08:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okrafarmer

Quote from: downsouth on October 22, 2012, 07:14:05 AM
welcome hayden,yes we all like food. It's a way of life down here.

It must be forestry thing. EVERY person I have ever met who is actively involved in some aspect of Forestry, also eats food.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Okrafarmer on October 22, 2012, 08:50:29 AM

It must be forestry thing. EVERY person I have ever met who is actively involved in some aspect of Forestry, also eats food.

Sometimes Crow.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

Haydn,help and learn. There is ALOT to it. I've been around the cutting the trees down part all my life,but the sawmill part is new to me. good luck to you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

downsouth

Haydn

Quote from: kelLOGg on October 22, 2012, 03:46:24 AM
If its not too far ;D i'm 20 minutes away. I'd be glad for you observe/help. I have some oak and hickory on the rollway I need to finish up and I plan to do it this week or perhaps weekend.

There is a guy on the FF who actually is in Hillsboro. If he chimes in, heck, maybe he's 5 min away ;D. Anyway you roll the dice, we've got you covered.

Let me know your schedule.

Bob

I can free up this Saturday :). Thanks for offering.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Hayden,

Welcome to FF.

You're definately going to be a great member. You managed to post a message and both be on topic (sawmilling) yet manage to turn to food in the first post. If'n you'd included a picture of some of your food on a log that wood have been a tri-fecta...

Once again, welcome to FF and I hope all your posts are as tasteful as your first one.

Herb

Haydn

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 22, 2012, 08:16:25 AM
Hayden, give us some ideas of what you like to cook. I'm taking off work today to sit right here and wait on your answer.  :D :D :D

I like a bit of everything. Whatever I can work with coming out of the garden. I got so many huge sweet potatoes this year I'm going to have to get creative. I like slow cooked foods--braised roasts. I like to think my chili is 2nd to none but what serious chili cook doesn't? I like to cook mexican food. If I get a day, I'll make a batch of Tamales or Mole. Once in a great while (my wife's birthday requests) I'll pull out the pasta rollers. I could go on and on. This is making me hungry and I have no clue what I'm making for dinner tonight.

Haydn

Quote from: xlogger on October 22, 2012, 04:31:07 AM
If you want to help some weekends (unload mill the fun part) let me know. I live in Bahama just minutes away, also I'm older now but tell your wife I was around in the 60's and 70's and I might what to try some drugs now :D

Definitely would like to come help. I'll PM you sometime soon. I'll have some more weekends open in November. Thanks a lot.

Haydn

Quote from: Okrafarmer on October 22, 2012, 08:50:29 AM

:D Probably just coincidence ;)

kelLOGg

Haydn, I see your email address is not in your profile so contact me (see my profile for address) and we can set up a time on Sat. Look forward to hearing from you and will see you Sat.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Solomon

I dont know where Hillsburro is but I have a hydraulic band mill and I am 15 minutes from downtown Norfolk, Virginia.   Would love to have you.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

steamsawyer

I checked it out. Hillsborough, NC is only about 700 miles from me so on your next trip to Disney world, give me a call.   8) ;D

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Amelia Farms

Haydn,
Looks like you already have a few to pick from, but I will throw out another. I am in Julian, about 30-40 minutes from you. I saw on weekends for the most part and you would be more than welcome to come and take a look anytime. I run a Woodmizer LT40, hydraulic loader and log turner.
Woodmizer LT40, wish it was hydraulic.

Haydn

Quote from: Solomon on October 23, 2012, 01:55:57 PM
I dont know where Hillsburro is but I have a hydraulic band mill and I am 15 minutes from downtown Norfolk, Virginia.   Would love to have you.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I need all the help I can get.

Haydn

Quote from: steamsawyer on October 23, 2012, 02:30:34 PM
I checked it out. Hillsborough, NC is only about 700 miles from me so on your next trip to Disney world, give me a call.   8) ;D

Alan

I do get down there sometimes. My in-laws have a place in Englewood.

Haydn

Quote from: Amelia Farms on October 23, 2012, 04:22:56 PM
Haydn,
Looks like you already have a few to pick from, but I will throw out another. I am in Julian, about 30-40 minutes from you. I saw on weekends for the most part and you would be more than welcome to come and take a look anytime. I run a Woodmizer LT40, hydraulic loader and log turner.

Thanks, I'll be in touch for sure. I'm looking forward to seeing the wood-mizer in action!

Haydn

Quote from: Okrafarmer on October 21, 2012, 10:12:44 PM
I'm about five hours away. If you get bored with Poston and Sawdust Lover, you can trek down here and have some fun offbearing with me as I mill short stuff, rotten stuff, stressed stuff, and stuff nobody else but WHD has ever heard of or smelled before.

(I promise I won't do Ailanthus again).  :(

I have in-laws in Spartanburg so that might just work out perfectly  ;) You seem to be into all that I want to be into.

Okrafarmer

:D :D :D :D
Just let me know.
We're about an hour from S-burg. Current location is just on the far side of Greenville, but may be moving a little closer to the mountains soon, we'll see where we are when you come down. Plus I do have a custom job tentatively penciled in for the middle of November up near S-burg.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!