iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bricks with a Brush- A inexpensive floor ! Try it !

Started by UNCLEBUCK, March 22, 2005, 01:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

Here is a cheap and effective way to brighten up a cement floor . I am doing this in my utility/laundry room and thought someone might give it a try . Its my first time doing this and its easy . Bought a video on ebay and it works for any kind of paint but I bought a gallon of heavy duty paint for cement . I didnt even use a guide ,just eyeballed it and a few crooked ones here and there make it look better.
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Furby

Looks good! 8) 8) 8)

If I remember right, there should be a clear sealer you can put over it if you want.

UNCLEBUCK

Ok I will check that out.  Paint can says I can mix in a little dry sand for traction but I didnt. The video says bricks with a brush and he brushes the paint onto any size sponge one feels like using then presses that onto the cement but I just plop the sponge into a paint tray and slap it on the floor . Getting tired of building a house now so I been slapping stuff everywhere   ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Can't blame ya a bit!  ;)
It sure will add some intrest to the floor as opposed to leaving it bare concrete.
The sealer is mostly for the exposed concrete between the "bricks" but will also help protect the paint a bit I belive.
Seen the sand in paint trick. It does work, but I have seen some applications that wore rather fast and didn't look to good.
Don't know if I would use it myself or not, maybe at an outside entry point that could be covered with a rug if it started to wear out.

iain

We had just sealed screed for a while one summer, kept the heat down, and i left all the stains from plastering and painting and sealed them to, i realy liked the effect, and Linda tolerated it till the new floor went down.
nice effect unkbuk, but you got to watch that slapping to get the job done, you,ll pay for it later

iain

sigidi

Cool looking floor UncleBuck.

If I was in ya neighbourhood, I'd happily come over and give a hand building, I can't get enough of making houses - still got mine to start yet (we'll se how much I lik eit after that ;))
Always willing to help - Allan

Dana

Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

Murf

We did something similar at the lake, except I didn't have your patience there Buck.

I laid out the 'mortar lines' with tape and then just used a roller to lay on the paint, when the paint got tacky I just peeled off the tape.  :D  :D  :D

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm certainly in the 'labour saving' category.  8)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

asy

Quote from: sigidi on March 22, 2005, 05:06:53 AM
Cool looking floor UncleBuck.

If I was in ya neighbourhood, I'd happily come over and give a hand building, I can't get enough of making houses - still got mine to start yet (we'll se how much I lik eit after that ;))

If ya still like it after that, my place is a heck of a lot closer than UncleBucks!!! 

And there's LOTS to do there too!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jeff

Quote from: Murf on March 22, 2005, 02:27:45 PM
We did something similar at the lake, except I didn't have your patience there Buck.

I laid out the 'mortar lines' with tape and then just used a roller to lay on the paint, when the paint got tacky I just peeled off the tape.  :D  :D  :D

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'm certainly in the 'labour saving' category.  8)

How did you get the tape to stick to the lake, let alone the paint? Seems like a waste of time to paint a perfectly good lake. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pigman

Jeff, I thought only little guys like me smarted off like that.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Murf

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, didn't they teach you guys over there anything in shop class?

You wait till winter & it freezes over !!!!!   8)  8)

Everybody knows ya' can't paint it in the summer!!!!  ::)

I'll bet they never taught you guys to put a big X on the boat when you catch a big fish so's ya' know where to fish next time either did they ???     ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!