iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iron Inventory

Started by Ron Wenrich, January 25, 2006, 08:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyer2015

norwood lm mark 3. no special attachments. I am in the process of building my own attachments. just got done with the 12v log wench. I loaded a 20 inch cedar with it today. worked great. other than that and a cant hook I am hands on!
mj

Geeg

2015 Timberking 2200 with debarker  8) Can't wait for it to showup so I can start makin some sawdust!

Update: It finally showed up and am now cutting some wood!

Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

shakebone

Lt 35 hyd  and a 2015 Lt 40 super with yanmar desiel ,nyle l200m kiln,2 skid steers ,trucks ,trailers ,chainsaws . full time sawyer  ;D
Lt40 super desiel , LT 35 hyd , New Holland ls 180 , Case 75xt ,
So many logs so little time.

wyowood

LT15, 2 Huskiness, 1 Stihl, 28 ft. Flatbed trailer with 12000 lb. winch for loading, 4010 John Deere, 3387 International, Kubota RTV 900

Logger003

Pa foundry#2, home built edger, 970 case to drive the mill, 44 Massey to run edger, international loader, 225 timber jack, 044 Stihl powersaw

WVDieselcrawler

I run a peterson ASM swingblade at my current (soon to be former as of may 1st) job. We are a old fashion folk toy company and process our own wood to make toys from. The owner is a close family friend, so running the mill is one of the things I hope to continue doing even after he is no longer my primary employer. And I'm collecting logs from my farm to mill once I get a good load skidded out.
Greg
Stihl saws & weedeaters
John Deere 3005 tractor 4x4 with loader
3 Ford trucks with 7.3 Powerstroke
Redheaded wife and 6 kids, at home on top of our 117 acres of prime WV hillside. 4 horses, some cats dogs and rabbits.

InterMechanico

2012 Kenworth T370 S/A 33,000# chassis with a Stellar TMAX 2 14' Service body, 12,000# crane and Miller Big Blue Air Pak Deluxe Welder (Can gouge with 1/2" carbons, or jump a D8N with no batteries  ;D), Stihl MS290 , MS661 CM, York Portable Line Boring Setup with Auto Bore Welder, Caterpillar 50 ton hose press.

2012 Ford Fiesta (Because one large truck is enough :))

Sorry, just realized this is only for Sawmills, and mine is only running at 30% so not mentionable. Can't seem to delete though, so here it will stay...
Approaching every job with a mind for completing it :)

Stihl MS290 , MS661 C-M , Glanberg Alaskan MkIII Mill , Home Made Edging Jig , All the safety gear

LUV2MILL

Home built band saw 30' bed manual, JD400 backhoe, log arch for ATV larger arch for highway.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, LUV2MILL.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

rdtckr3

deadfall

Wood-Mizer 2005 LT40HD

I found a Lap sider and a Lathe-Mizer within striking range on Craigslist.  Of course, I haven't used either yet.

I had an LT30 with a winch when I still had a 5th lumbar disc. 

I have two living Cub Cadet 7000 series 30HP tractors and one dead one, and a 41HP LS tractor.

Here is one of the Cubs with the log forks I built on it, and the LS with a fork lift.  I had to get out the second tractor after I got the first one stuck in a precarious position with a log on the forks.

I tied the Cub to a tree to pull out the 155 foot Douglas fir with this winch.  I hung a block 15 feet up a tree and a block on the end of the log and barely got it done by doubling the pull.

The loader couldn't lift that one so the mill had to help.

That butt log was 24" X 16'.
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

Stang51D

We have two mills in the same building.  An ac50 HMC mill with USNR 3d scanner setworks, MacDonough 6-7A band headrig.  2 saw table edger. The other is a Hurdle circle mill with there computer setworks and vertical edger. HMC debarker and a 58" a precision chipper take care of both mills.

stihltoomany

Wood-Mizer LT40 super diesel. 2003 with 80 hours. Now to learn how to saw.
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

Heath86

Norwood Lumberpro HD36
New holland TN75 4wd with loader
Stihl 025, 291, and 362
Do what you do well.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

davemartin88

Timbery M100, previously had a Woodmizer LT15 and a Woodmizer LT50
Bobcat S570 w/grapple

Hugh Darty

Woodmizer Super HD 40, Woodmizer edger, Morgan resaw, 225 Barko on carrier, JD forklift, etc.
Hugh

rjwoelk

Picked up a makita chain mortiser,  makita 6 inch planner,
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Keith Shirley

Norwood HD36, Stihl 025, 291, 362. New Holland TN75 4WD with loader, Agco ST35 4WD, Poloras Ranger 700, 2 Honda 450 Foremen 4WD

Magicman

Hello Keith Shirley and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dieseltim

Hello,

I have been reading on here for the last few weeks since I found this forum while reading up on building a band saw mill.

I guess you can add me to the list as well. It might be some time before I would be counted as running this new to me old Belsaw M14.

A long time friend died 10yrs ago and his mill sat since his death. I only recently thought about going to see if it was still there. In talking with another fellow that I know, I found out that he had bought it about 6 months ago and then resold it a month or so later. I was sad to find out that I had missed out on the chance to get it from him. So, back to the plan of trying to build a band saw mill from scratch. Within a few days of finding out the old mill was gone I was looking thru the Ga. Market Bulletin and found and ad for a Belsaw m14. Called and left my number. When the guy called me back, we got to talking about how he had gotten the mill and a bit of history. Come to find out he was the same guy that had bought the mill from my friend about 5 months ago.

Boy what a small world.

So, I couldn't pass up the chance to get it and have a piece of something that belonged to my old friend.

After a 5 hr round trip I have it home and now will spend about the next 6 months building a new steel 60 ft frame and get it under roof.

Dieseltim

Magicman

Hello and Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Dieseltim.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Tim.

Good to hear you got the mill that you were originally after!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

TRTermite

1956 Corley lefty # 8  Mine has a 605 Minnie LP w/Rockford clutch 2 blade edger all was new in '56  has been mine since '87 in the family since '68.
for the curious a #8 has - 8" collar - 8" serpentine (Flat) belt feed - 8" wheels on carriage 40"(44"maybe?)   plus opening on head blocks - power receding double acting set works - 2&15/16 Mandrel  (Left hand has 4 Corley bearings and is 20? Ft long) I only Have 2 head blocks and wish I had three (3)   (Will post that wanted thing someday) It is fed with a drum driven off the belt feed with a 1/2" cable standard for Corley and so many others in those days. I have not sawed since 1993 but someday again I hope.   It is still all on wood and the carriage needs serious help.

beenthere

TR
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Pull up a stump and tell us about your Corley lefty. Pics would be great too.

Sounds like a fun mill to get going again.  What happened that it's been since '93 ?  just curious....
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!