iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

UPS COD for Shipping Chain Saw

Started by woodsdog2015, April 19, 2018, 04:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsdog2015

Hey fellas,

I have a buyer for my Homelite 8800. I reached out to him on another chainsaw related site and he is very interested.  My question is, I've never really shipped a saw before and I told him I would need a Postal Money Order for the agreed upon price before I shipped it.  Understandably, he's concerned about getting burned too and he (buyer) suggested using UPS COD.   I told him I would check into it and get back to him.  My question is, have any of you used this service?  What do you guys recommend for private to private sale and shipment of chainsaws in the lower 48?  I don't have an ebay account or anything and really do not sell things at all.  Let me know your thoughts and recommendations.  
I'd rather be in the woods.
MS362CM
MS251
CS-300
Homelite 8800
FiskarsX27

DelawhereJoe

You actually still have to pay for the shipping even on ups cod, they will then collect money from the other person when its delivered and send it back your way. I would completely drain all fluids and clean all residue of gas/oil that you can, if it smells like gas they're not going to want to take it. Packing it so it makes it is another thing solid Styrofoam completely packed around the saw should do it, leave basically no room for that saw to move. Don't trust packing peanuts to protect it or the air pillows as they will crush or pop.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

realzed

Ed

Had no idea you could still ship COD......

Ed

woodsdog2015

MS362CM
MS251
CS-300
Homelite 8800
FiskarsX27

Stuart Caruk

Have them Paypal you the payment. They are protected if you don't ship the goods, and you know you'll get paid. If you have an email address you can accept Paypal.

There are loads of crooks out there, but if you get paid first, it's hard to lose out.

Stu
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Dakota

Dave Rinker

woodsdog2015

Thanks guys I do have a paypal account so I like that idea as well.  Not so much of a concern now as the deal fell through anyway apparently while I was checking into UPS COD, he bought another saw.  He did get a "MP88" which he said is the same powerhead as the 8800 but its a chop saw.  I texted him today to see if he was still interested and apparently already got another saw.

Anyway, as an update and FYI,  the UPS guy that delivers almost daily at my work I spoke to him about it and he said he does it a lot and they wouldn't get the saw unless money is in the hand.  He said they try to deliver three times and if UPS doesn't get paid, they don't drop off the package.  You still have to be smart and require either a postal money order or cashier or bank check but he said he does it almost every week and has never had problems.   

So I still have the Homelite 8800.  I ran it this past weekend through some big butt wood double and triple chunks and such, man that thing busses through wood.  I'm gonna keep it for now I guess.  If anyone is interested pm me and I can send them pics. and I'd even do a video of it running too.  
MS362CM
MS251
CS-300
Homelite 8800
FiskarsX27

Thank You Sponsors!