iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 372xp hard starting

Started by Jonrfreeman, July 21, 2014, 05:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonrfreeman

Got a new 372 xp to replace old 365 and haven't had but a tank of fuel through it and he is a pig o start. Some times she will start right up . But most times she gets flooded. I pull the choke ( which in gauges the throttle lock) and pull until it fires. Push in choke and pull til it starts. And I use the decomp valve. If I not get it to fire on first try I find it floods its self out. And can't get it to start what ever I do. Just let it sit and then it might go. I have lots of experience with starting other equipment but never had anything fussy like this.Any advise? Is there a better starting procedure the manual is vague.

ladylake

Is this when it's hot or cold or both?   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Jonrfreeman

Just on cold start once going no problems I must be doing something wrong.

thecfarm

I've had a 372 for 6-7-8 years. That is how I start mine,without the flooding part. I've only flooded mine a few times in all those years. You said it was new,take it back to the dealer. Sounds like it needs it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jonrfreeman

That was my next step. Thanks for the imput

Crow99

Try this:  pull twice (no more) with the choke on. Take the choke off and pull with compression release off.
I believe that these Husqvarnas release a bit too much compression and until the saw is broken in you may need to not use the compression release.
I got a 365 XT (substantially the same saw) that only wanted to start with the cr off when it was new. It would flood like crazy otherwise like yours.  As it broke in it worked out of it.

luvmexfood

Nothing worse than an engine that won't crank. Pull, pull, pull. Set down and rest a minute and catch your breath. Then pull somemore. Cuss cuss.

Had a Poulan Pro weedeater like that. Also had a pressure washer like that. Fellow I knew said spray some starter fluid in pressure washer breather. Don't like to use it but tried it. After that it started without using it on no more than 3 pulls unless it had set for a year or so.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Maine logger88

I have never had much luck starting with the compression release always seems too take more pulls so I just leave it out. One thing I noticed on my x torq saws is when it fires it doesn't pop loud as the older saws sometime with my muffs on I can't hear it at all I flooded it a couple times that way but now I just wait till I feel it fire
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Jonrfreeman

NCFarmboy

ML88 is right Cold start do not use decomp on 365-372XT.  You are missing the pop.
Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

Jonrfreeman

joe_indi

Even if it doesnt start after 3 pulls with the choke out, push in the choke .

Andyshine77

What's occurring is a false fire do to the residual fuel in the carb, but no real fuel in the system. Always push in the choke after the saw fires, if the saw doesn't start in two to three pulls with the choke off. Pull the choke back out and repeat the process. I've found it normal for a dry 372 to require 6 to 8 pulls before the first pop. With fuel in the system, that number is halved. A warm saw should obviously start with one pull.
Andre.

hamish

The Xt's require a bit of use before the saw likes and is agreeable with the decomp being used.  No longer can you listen for the pop, you need to visually look and feel the decomp for it till its broken in.  The strato engines have a longer break in period than regular saws also.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Jonrfreeman

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge

Thank You Sponsors!