iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the weather 2020

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2020, 08:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

31° will make things white and die.  :( Looks like a warm up after tonight. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yes, I would say this has been the coldest morning here, even the grain corn is white. ;D 32F on the porch, so maybe 2 or 3 degrees colder on the ground. Picked a 3 gallon pale of tomatoes yesterday. They was not all ripe, so into a paper bag for a few days. Great big tomatoes without a flaw, couldn't let them just freeze and rot. No sirree. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

A-z farmer

We had frost here yesterday and this am that is the earliest we have had it on this date in many years .But I think everyone is ready to put the 2020 growing year in the history books along with all the other issues the world has dealt with.
Zeke

Patrick NC

46 degrees here this morning. Not cold by any means, but a big swing since it was in the 90s last week. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

gspren

Heavy frost here this morning, first one this season.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

My garden is done. Pulled out the stocking hat this morning and tonight. Time to put the gloves inside the OWB to keep them warm. I had a pair on the tractor and that made my hands cold.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodroe

Making ice at 26*F on the mercury at 6AM.
My sweet corn did ok so far down to 28 yesterday morning but not so sure
it can handle 26, will see tonight.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Al_Smith

47 heading for 75 or so they say .I'd guess some of the corn and some of the soy beans might be ready in a week or so .

gspren

Another frost this morning but it was only there for 30-40 minutes. They are picking corn here now, this is earliest I remember, we are in a cool, dry, breezy spell that got it dry quick.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SwampDonkey

Definitely was a flannel shirt morning. It was cold enough that is made some leaves drop of the aspens. ;D

Only been reaching about 60F here the last 3 days, lots of sunshine.

Seen 2 big fireballs in the sky this morning, meteors. Both was headed southerly. One I seen as the sun was breaking over the hills, the other was in pitch black.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

We had a frost advisory for last night again, but from what I can tell we never hit 32 and the flowers still look OK, we picked the garden yesterday for what was left. Still, it is low 30's this morning and I banked a fire in the shop over night which was dead burned out and gone this morning (still trying to nail the controls down). Temp out there was about 62, which makes me smile.
 The next few days are predicted with an uptrend in temps of 70's during the day and high 40's overnight. Only a few chances of showers between now and next Monday. Think I will get out and pull in some more of that hung up dead fall cluttering the back swamp and use that for the fall wood.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Al_Smith

Lately it's been dipping into the high 40's after dark .Although the house never gets below 70 lady fair gets a tad chilled .So I have the geo-thermal cranking away holding it at 72 .

SwampDonkey

Been building small fire every other day with popple, temps stays in the mid 70's.

Yesterday it actually hit 70F. Today it is back down to 60 for a high, overcast day. Never saw any frost in the woods, but seen some in fields.

Looks like Teddy isn't going to bring us any rain up here.

Moose hunt is on this week.

thecfarm

Heat wave!! 56° this morning.

thecfarm

46° and heading for the high 70's. Just about the way it works. Most years we only get one cold night, than it warms back up, as it has now. But this year we had 3 cold nights. That's OK,I got tired of canning tomatoes.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Yes, was 50F here this morning and suppose to get to almost 80F. No wind. Bedroom window was open all night.

thecfarm

59° this morning, we are in a heat wave. I had to put my cooler shirt on yesterday. No idea how warm it was, well hot.  ;D  Was warm cutting wood. High 70's today. Weather says foggy outside. Still dark, so I will take their word for it. Was foggy yesterday morning too.

A-z farmer

We are very very dry here with 24 inches so far this year and our normal is 34 inches by now with our average total for the year is 46 inches of rain.We had 4 mornings of frost last week so this is our last day harvesting sweet corn.

SwampDonkey

Yes, definitely t-shirt weather up here. A fog over the land this morning, can't see the windmills on either mountain. ;D Have never closed the window for 3 days now.

goose63

Cold west wind a few just flakes of nasty word made it up to 60 today it's that time of year.

Now if them guys up north shut the gate early we should be ok
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Been saying snow by Oct 10th. ;D

Seeing bare trees up near the top of Mars Hill, mostly from drought, not cold.

Weatherman says 2" of rain this week. It better come in off the ocean up here and not over land and travel 1000 miles or there ain't gonna be no water.

thecfarm

66° this morning!! Might get some light rain this morning. More coming mid week!!!! We need it.
SwampDonkey has seen snow on pretty leaves a few times. I know I have.
They said rain by 7am, they was off by a ½ hour, but that is fine by me.  ;D  6:30 now.

Old Greenhorn

Temp dropped to about 68 by 1am and held right there all night. same temp right now. We picked up .2" of rain and am am anxious for daylight so I can see what that translated into for my new collection system. More rain called for on  Tuesday night, maybe I can fill the tank. 
 Supposed to be warmish all week tapering down as the days go on but slowly. I'll take it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

65F in the early morning hours. Had some mist, no rain at all, woods was dry all day and sun was out for half the day and on the hot side. Weatherman says showers tonight and sunny tomorrow.  Showers Wednesday. That 2" predicted rain has gone poof in the wind. :D :D Coming from the Great Lakes so ain't gonna amount to beans by the time the front reaches here. :-\ ::) ::)

sawguy21

14C here at noon, 19 (65F) forecast for this afternoon :o The weatherman is saying 26 for Saturday which is unreal for us, back to shorts and t shirts! At least the fires are staying down for the moment.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!