iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jamaica

Started by Raider, March 10, 2013, 05:16:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider

Looking to go some time late April, not sure where, maybe Montego Bay? 8) Any members on the island? To be gone about a week, any suggestions? Raider

beenthere

If you are doin time, I think member Chet can help you with that.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider

Trying to heal up from a broken neck! :o Might as well sit at a beach that's warm, been under house arrest (My House) for two months. :-[ Got a path in the carpet from one side of the house to the other ::)   Raider

Ron Scott

Yah Man! A lot of good food and drink.
~Ron

submarinesailor

Quote from: Raider on March 10, 2013, 05:35:54 PM
Trying to heal up from a broken neck! :o Might as well sit at a beach that's warm, been under house arrest (My House) for two months. :-[ Got a path in the carpet from one side of the house to the other ::)   Raider

Ok, give it up.  What did you do to get her that mad where she whipped you a$$? ;D ;D ;D  Just kidding. ::) ::) ::)  Hope it is healing just fine.  I have 2 bulged disk in my neck so I have some idea of the pain.

Bruce

Raider

Some have asked- I will admit to a cast-iron pan :o, but just glad it wasn't the Dutch Oven ::) Not really has to do with a fallen tree and a snowmobile!

submarinesailor

Quote from: Raider on March 11, 2013, 08:22:22 AM
Some have asked- I will admit to a cast-iron pan :o, but just glad it wasn't the Dutch Oven ::) Not really has to do with a fallen tree and a snowmobile!

Bill, its funny you admit to a cast iron pie.  Also, have you ever wondered why I'm a little off.  That's because my mother broke a cast iron flying pan over my head one time way back when I was a young man.  Talk about a hard head. dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_whacko smiley_whacko

Bruce

Leigh Family Farm

Montego Bay is nice. Negril is even better. A lot of what you want to do depends on your budget and lifestyle. All inclusive resorts are great but expensive. You can drink and eat to your fill, plus all the activities are included. There are beach front hotels that have nothing included but are great if you are just wanting to sit on a beach and not be bothered.

I like Negril because its away from the major towns, has some great things to do, and is not rainy because of the location on the west end of the island.

If you can walk up a hill, take the tour at Dunn's River Falls. Its worth it.
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

MJD

I 2nd negril, we have been going to negril every year since 2000 sometimes twice a year. We go all inclusive and where we go there is no tipping. We have made life long friends down there and they have taken us off the beaten path to see the island.  We go april 16th.

Ken

Just got back from Montego Bay.  It was our first time to Jamaica and really enjoyed ourselves.  Liver needs a break though ::)   Now back to reality. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Leigh Family Farm

Welcome back! Where did you stay? Your liver will recover...eventually  ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

Ken

Quote from: kilgrosh on May 04, 2013, 08:57:29 AM
Welcome back! Where did you stay? Your liver will recover...eventually  ;)

We stayed at the Gran Bahia in Runaway Bay which is a little ways from Montego Bay.  Although it was a nice resort it was really big and very busy.  We usually go to an adults only resort but changed our mind this year due to the price.  Won't make that mistake again.  It wasn't so much the young kids that were annoying but the 18-25 year old kids without any brains. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!