iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cord bargain

Started by WV Sawmiller, December 04, 2017, 05:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I tagged along with my wife this weekend to Charlotte and Gastonia NC. One of her normal stops is the Long Creek Mills thread factory. She sews and makes quilts and uses lots of thread.  These people make thread for many of the major sewing/fabric companies and they sell partial rolls and such are real bargains. I never thought about them having nylon cord and monofilament/fishing line.

I found this big ball of what looks like #18 nylon cord like used on construction projects to lay off lots and such and also for making catfish lines. It may be a little small for some of our catfish but should hold up to a 30-35 lb fish if tied to a good limber limb. Would be perfect for the leads on a trotline. I don't know how much is there but looks like several miles. I think a 100 yard roll typically sells for over $3 (I see a 77 yard roll on Amazon for about $5).

I figure I should have a lifetime supply and this roll cost me $6. I saw what looked like 8-10 lb rolls of about 4-6 lb test monofilament fishing line (used for invisible thread) for about 10.

Anyway, if any of you sew or have spouses (How is that for political correctness!!!) who sew and you find yourself near Gastonia NC look these guys up. http://longcreekmills.com/location.html

They even have things there for hairy legged hardtails.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!