iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BLUE MAX CHAINSAW

Started by DaveP, April 30, 2013, 08:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveP

Got a flyer in the mail today that advertised Bluemax saw with an 18 inch bar for $79.99.  Had to look it up on the internet and read the reviews   Then, watched demo videos on Utube.  Reviews and demo videos are quite entertaining.  No safety protection what so ever in the video that I watched.
     Davep

AdkStihl

:D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fsa58N8y0IU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
J.Miller Photography

Bogue Chitto

Maybe needs to be moved to jokes and internet fun.   :D :D :D :D

scully

LOL LOL !!! Love the sneakers ! I was watching the vid and the wife comes to watch and says seems like he is cutting slow LOL ! Actualy I would like to try a larger modle in their line ,to see if it could stand up to a day with what I do !  I love putting saws through the paces !
I bleed orange  .

joe_indi

Bluemax,,,,,,Ymax,,,,,,Himax,,,,,,,
They are all the same.
Zenoah clones from China.
They are available in 45, 52 and 58cc on the same platform.
And we have them all here in more than a score  different names.
18" and 20" Bar with 0.325" pitch.
Good value for money here because we get a 58cc for the equivalent of $ 100 where as an MS250 costs around abouts $ 550.
$10 get you a cylinder set, same, more orless for the crankshaft.
A 52cc cylinder set will 'upgrade' the 45cc .
But a 52cc to 58cc upgrade requires a different crankshaft too.
They are quite unpredictable. Some last a couple of months, but some are still running after a couple of years.
BTW, in that video that saw is cutting too slow for some reason.They cut at more than thrice that speed in hard wood.
Joe

joe_indi

Post Script:
Stihl hates these saws!
Here they try to show why you should not be buying these saws  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6GAssS-v2k

beenthere

Joe
Good video showing obvious differences. Not sure how the failures are related to being dangerous.  ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

joe_indi

Quote from: beenthere on May 06, 2013, 12:27:44 PM
Joe
.............Not sure how the failures are related to being dangerous.  ??

Rrright!
Also, The Stihl (with inboard clutch) has a brake handle which is fixed at both ends on the main body.
The competition's (with an outboard clutch) is mounted on the chain cover and is free ended on one side. Thus it would snap earlier if enough force is applied.
Nobody pulls a saw by the handle like it is shown here unless you are in a tug'o'war with a freight train in reverse!

Joe

Cut4fun

The bluemax I seen at menards reminded me of the 45cc redmax before strato's.

shinnlinger

If you watch the kid cut with his saw you can then watch the factory rep go at it.  Without chaps or safety gear also. 
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Thank You Sponsors!