iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Icehouse,get use to it. There will be alot of meanies come January. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Sposed to be 80 tomorrow. ;D Oh yeah... and sunny. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowfight1:

I earned it. Over 130 in the greenhouses all summer. :o That will make you dead. Just a little slower than 40 below. I moved here from Minnesota.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Icehouse

Spent  2 1/2 weeks in Waddell Az a Phoenix  suburb in August to see our new grandson 110 115 is to *DanG hot for us old fat people don't know how you survive. Just talked to my son who was just leaving Tucson on his way home, he was working on a generator  in Tucson  at a hospital  or something. Have a good evening
Favorite Stihl ms361 ms064 Favorite Husky 242xp 262xp

SwampDonkey

He's another one of them transplants to the south. So the thermometer and change of weather is still a novelty. It'll wear off eventually. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

raining like crazy here this am  >:( need to get 2 more hitches to day for the 2nd load of logs     rain rain go away and come back at noon to day ;D

Icehouse

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 07, 2013, 04:41:10 AM
He's another one of them transplants to the south. So the thermometer and change of weather is still a novelty. It'll wear off eventually. :D

After he spent 2 years in Iraq, Arizona is a walk in the park. I was referring to myself, I hate the hot weather it makes me sick and must stay in air conditioned area, staying inside is not my idea of a good time, and will not wear off.

thecfarm

Just started to rain here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Icehouse

32° and trying to spit some snow, forecast is for 100% chance, guess it's that time of year. Have a great day.    :snowball:

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Icehouse on November 07, 2013, 08:36:44 AM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 07, 2013, 04:41:10 AM

After he spent 2 years in Iraq, Arizona is a walk in the park. I was referring to myself, I hate the hot weather it makes me sick and must stay in air conditioned area, staying inside is not my idea of a good time, and will not wear off.

If you do it the way the Mexicans do, it isn't quite so bad.  Get out and working by dawn. Usually the temps drop to the 70's or low 80's by then even if it is over 100 in the afternoon. Do the heavy work early if you can, knock off by 12 or 1, get lunch and siesta time inside, then back out after the worst of the heat has passed at 4, then work until dark, usually 7 or 8 pm.

Doesn't work for mad dogs and Englishmen, who just keep going and get heat exhaustion in the process.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

thecfarm

I saw the first snow. If I was not outside, I would of missed it.

Icehouse

Snowed the last 2 days but nothing stuck, sun came out today, really kind of a nice fall day. Take care out there

SwampDonkey

Quote from: thecfarm on November 08, 2013, 04:06:15 PM
I saw the first snow. If I was not outside, I would of missed it.

What hit here around noon was like dry pellets, not flakes. I could count about 20 before they disappeared. I was putting on the snow tires actually. And I always say, as soon as I do that it'll snow.  :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

snowed like crazy here today nothing stuck in town but up on this hill a little dusting  ;D hope it don't snow next week end so all the city toads don't shoot to many deer :D

mesquite buckeye

82 and sunny with light and variable tropical breeze, sipping a cool margarita under the shade of a palm tree. ;D 
8) 8) 8) :o dadgum you, Charlie!

coxy

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on November 08, 2013, 05:17:28 PM
82 and sunny with light and variable tropical breeze, sipping a cool margarita under the shade of a palm tree. ;D 
8) 8) 8) :o dadgum you, Charlie!
must be nice    hope your margarita gets rotten and stinky smiley_smelly_skunk :D

mesquite buckeye

;D They don't last that long. ;D

SwampDonkey

Furnace fire and orange juice or coffee. That's about as hard the drinks get around here. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Been cold and snowing on and off for the last few days UP here. Had as much as 4.5" on the ground before it melted and now have about 1~2" and its snowing off and on still, forecast is for more of the same for the next couple days. Hurray for winter.

thecfarm

The ground is white. Been trying to snow,off and on, all morning,34°. Driveway is bare, and the the woods road is too,just gravel. First time this season.

SwampDonkey

Started here to a little bit ago. Not suppose to amount to much, then rain for a little. Good thing I put them snow tires on yesterday so it could snow. ;D

mesquite buckeye

86 and you know what. 8)

chevytaHOE5674

Talked to a couple of guys from the road commission last night and they said they have officially measured a little over 12 inches of snowfall so far this season. Doesn't seem like we've had that much but I guess all those little snowfalls add UP. Its currently 35° and snowing on and off. Forecast is for Moderate snow accumulations tonight and tomorrow with high temps in the low 20's......

Been trying to clear brush to make more hay field and pasture but this weather isn't really cooperating.

Warbird

Finally getting our first real storm of the year.  We had a very late autumn but winter is finally arriving.  Given that last winter lingered through May, I felt like we were owed it.  :) 

It's 6:30am and looks like we've received 4 - 5" of snow here at the house.  Not sure how much the church got but enough that I will be in the 'ol plow truck this morning.

Icehouse

36° and drizzle good day for football and nascar, take care.     ;)

thecfarm

Snow is all gone,just making room for more.

Thank You Sponsors!