iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

@Jim_Rogers,Anyway to make that a cold roof?You must have a heat loss,insulation touching the roof? Something is not right. Maybe heat is getting up there,need vents for a cold roof?I use to insulate houses years ago. Maybe no way to fix the problem?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

It is forecast to be miserable here tomorrow.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kczbest

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's weather either @Magicman!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

curdog

Still 65 degrees at 1130 tonight. Tomorrow's high will be at midnight and drop from there.  I started to sweat a little today while walking around the woods. Spring is definitely on the way, daffodils blooming and saw a few toads hopping across the road and seeing a few more groundhogs every day

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It will be 65 when I wake up and 43 by lunch with rain. I can't find my groove.  >:(
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: curdog on March 04, 2015, 11:29:42 PM
  I started to sweat a little today while walking around the woods.

Scared of Wild Goats?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

goose63

@Raider Bill I hope that grass don't get out of hand 

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

26° and the temperature will be dropping into the minus by morning. I hope that will do it for the singles numbers for a while.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We have been sitting at 33° for a couple of hours.  Maybe it will hold and we can avoid getting any ice.  The forecast is iffy for us.

No sawing today.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

mesquite buckeye

71 and sunny. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

drobertson

we dodged a bullet yesterday, only 4" or so, bright blue! skies today! 8) 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

kensfarm

Snowing good here in MD.. suppose to get 8-12 w/ this storm.   

Raider Bill

Lowes has red cypress mulch on sale this week $1 for a 2 cuft bag. I got 4 pallets to be delivered tomorrow. Don't wait too long they will go fast at that price. 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

wwsjr

Layer of ice on all roads and bridges. .25 to 1" reported. Temp now 25°, 30° for high, low tonight 15°. Plowing, salting and sanding ongoing, don't know if working, I have not been out except to feed llamas and horses. My county road has not been touched, solid ice. Friday 40°, Sat 52°, maybe gone by Sat night. No major power outages as we had last week with the 8" snow and sleet. March in the South????
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

FarmingSawyer

Much colder here than the past 2 days...very windy too. Feels around zero. Standing water in the road by the mail box...probably from a frozen pile of salt mud dropped off a car. Felt good milling the past 4 days. Spring can't come soon enough!
Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

Roxie

Rained all night, snowed all day.  We've got at least 10 inches of snow, and the temperature tonight is going down to 9. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

Cold wind all day, but not frigid, in the 20's. Had 3 inches Tuesday morning. Been fairly bright and sunny ever since.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

We have a few icicles, but no problems.   :)

dean herring

Sleet last night 39 and sunny now
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

clww

Tuesday was in the low 50s here at The Beach, then yesterday it got up to 73 degrees at 4:00 pm. I went out in front yard last night and could here the spring peepers! It was 48 when I headed off to bed last night at 11:00. Today, it's rained most all day, with the temp still falling. 35 degrees out there now, with the rain mixing in with sleet and snow. I don't think we're going to get back into the woods until July this year. :-[
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Another cold windy day here. Started out warm and the wind picked up and the temperature dropped. Might be below zero in the morning. I hope that will be the last one for awhile.

SwampDonkey

-12F with a big bright moon in the sky.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bobby s

-9 on the last drive to work in the daylight for a while :'(

chevytaHOE5674

Yesterday morning it was around -25° and warmed up to 10°, then last night it was around -5° when I went to bed but it climbed overnight to 6°. Now we are supposed to start a stretch of warm/above freezing weather. Finally a little break in the action.

Thank You Sponsors!