iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gump

Snow day here..everything shut down...calling for 60cm (2 feet!) of snow along the shore! YUK.

SwampDonkey

Yup this here is a 2 day dump and shut down noreaster from the old days. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ox

Quote from: coxy on February 12, 2017, 10:26:07 PM
this weather is bs got about 18in then we got a little rain and made pushing the snow a little hard on my old plow truck and she puked a rod  >:(
That s bad.  Do you have another way of clearing snow?  What kind of truck/engine do you need?  Somebody close by might have one...
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Ken

We are getting hammered here today.  Hard to tell how much snow is actually falling as the wind is blowing it sideways.  Took my wife to work this morning and went back to pick her up. Hit a drift and got stuck in middle of road on way home.  Did get out but got stuck again in driveway.  Hopefully the power stays on
Lots of toys for working in the bush

coxy

Quote from: Ox on February 13, 2017, 12:44:10 PM
Quote from: coxy on February 12, 2017, 10:26:07 PM
this weather is bs got about 18in then we got a little rain and made pushing the snow a little hard on my old plow truck and she puked a rod  >:(
That s bad.  Do you have another way of clearing snow?  What kind of truck/engine do you need?  Somebody close by might have one...
ox I have my work truck but hate plowing with it its hard on the front end smashing and crashing in the snow banks only use it in an emergency so I guess the rest of the winter will be an emergency  :D I ran my dozer home  this AM about 3 miles through the woods to push the snow banks back never thought I was going to get here with it  :)

snowstorm

it was a real noreaster. 2ft plus high winds. nws said snowfall rates of 2to4 " per hr they were right. at times i couldnt the hood on the truck. 2 trucks each ran 17 hr the 3th 4hr and just sent him back out looking for drifts. at 3 am we start over one more round then sand. then get ready for more snow wed

curdog

Been dry and windy here. Been dealing with fires since 3 this morning. The wind was howling until mid day and then calmed some. About 4 this morning we watched embers come off of piles of logging slash landing in yards a good 300+ yards away. Luckily nothing damaged. The guy lit the piles a month ago when it snowed, but the 30-40 mph winds stirred things back up. A  times the wind would just about push you off balance.  But by afternoon it was  60 and less wind blowing....

thecfarm

Oh yea,we got some snow. And I do mean snow. The bankens grew and the roads are narrow. I heard 2 feet? I did the driveway twice,once in the morning and than when I got home. Hard to tell. I guess the coast got it worse than us,wind. I saw it on the news and it was snowing sideways.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

me dot pulled there trucks off the road today. poor visibility the reason. since a new wheeler all geared up to plow sand is over 200k maybe it was the rite move

Ricker

Yup a storm to remember. We are 15 miles from the coast and got about 2 ft and a ton of drifting to boot.  I am about 600 feet off the main road to the house and my buddy that plows me out with a new ford super duty made it about 150 ft and got into a 4 ft plus drift and was stuck tight. Got him out and now a another friend with a case loader will have to come tomorrow to bust it out. I will vouch for the snowing sideways, and did for about 8 hours.

thecfarm

There,all cleaned out and ready for the next storm.
And the fun part is I get to do the same thing at the store.  8) 
10°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Just finished up here. 8" along one side of drive and 12" on the other.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Yesterday morning we had 8" of snow, so I went out and cleared the driveways and the turn-around area in the yard.

Then, in the early evening, we had another 6-7" of new snow, so I went out and cleared the snow away again!

Then, overnight, just a trace and it can stay put!

I have a John Deere 1023E with a quick-attach 6' snow pusher.  This really works well!   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

I know I'm sick of snow  but today was a real nice day

snowstorm

one more foot coming today

thecfarm

Been a fine snow since noon. Did not amount to nothing. About 4 it started to add up. That will get the people that say,I am sick of winter going.  ::)  I am not a fan of snow,I hate it,but I don't complain about it. Been an easy winter right up until we got that 2 feet of snow. I say easy,seem like every storm has rain,sleet,freezing rain mixed in it.
Who knows,this may be the last storm. I'm not betting on it,but never know either.
Deer are out back feeding. I hope they find the maple trees I cut down. They like to browse on the tops.

SwampDonkey

It has tried to snow here in late afternoon, but I suspect it will overtake us tonight when we sleep. Sneaky these storms, making us extra work to clear our way. :D

thecfarm

6 inches of snow last night and 22°. I saw the weekly temps,above freezing each day,well below each night.

SwampDonkey

Really only started doing much at around 7:00 am this morning, not much to it overnight.

thecfarm

Going to be above freezing each day next week,just in time for school vacation. Them ski resorts will be raking the money in. This weekend will be a good one for them.
The parking lot was melting really good. Than the wind came up.

thecfarm

Oh yea. Temps above freezing and the wind at about 30 mph.  ::)  :( >:(
That made it mighty cold out there. But things are melting.Go out to a customer's car to load them and get a neck full of snow from the wind blowing the snow off the roof.  :) 
See what happens today.
The snow bankens are high.

Roxie

A veritable heatwave today!  Low 60's and tomorrow 65.   8)

I'm going to prune the roses and grapevine. 
Say when

thecfarm

No wind,but all clouds until about noon time. I have 36° and about 12 deer out back.

thecfarm

So far no wind,sun is out bright a few clouds and the best part it's 8:30 in the morning and it's 44°.  :o    ;D

curdog

It's too warm already. Going to be 70- 75 everyday this week.. I wish we'd get a little more cool temps before we roll into spring and summer.

Thank You Sponsors!