iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Poll! Accessing The Forestry Forum?

Started by aigheadish, November 07, 2022, 09:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on November 07, 2022, 07:26:12 PMOK, you guys made me look. I have almost 3500 hours here on the forum
I just looked, too.  4,160 hours :-X  That's almost 6 months @ 24 hours a day.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

aigheadish

It makes me happy to hear the usage stories beyond just the poll results, I was hoping something like that would happen. 

@ljohnsaw has the point of my curiosity exactly. 

@OGH - I'm with you, it's really fascinating to read and learn about all kinds of junk I didn't even realize was a thing and helping out is fun! I don't help out too much here but I actually got one right on the heavy equipment forums a couple days ago and it felt cool. I'm not terribly experienced in either world but it's nice to learn and know some stuff. 

@Jeff the above serves as a reminder to say thanks again for providing a neat place to hang out.  
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

upnut

One of my favorite things to do when I visit the U.P. is hit the local diner for breakfast and sit near the group of loggers, farmers, and retirees that gather every morning for coffee. Much like here at the Forestry Forum, the conversations run the gamut from equipment use and repair to personal hobbies to forestry practice and farming. Here at home it's morning coffee and the Forestry Forum, lunch time break and after supper, really informative and entertaining every day. Thanks Jeff!

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

thecfarm

Lap top for me.
I'm old fashioned.  ;D
I only have a cheapy flip phone.
Good enough for the wife to call me because she can't get something off from the top shelf for supper.
Or she needs diesel to mow.  ;D
I eat breakfast with you guys five days a week. 
The other days I have off from work and I eat with the wife.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

aigheadish

I expect I'll hit 15 days of being here by the end of the week. Whoa, that's only 360 hours, it feels like much more! 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Jeff

Total Time Spent Online:722 days, 9 hours and 7 minutes
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on November 08, 2022, 07:32:51 AM
Total Time Spent Online:722 days, 9 hours and 7 minutes
You need a hobby...Oh Wait... :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Jeff

aigheadish

That's 17,544 hours Jeff! Just over 2 full 24 hour day years. Nuts!

Resonator

And that doesn't count all the time off line it took, and takes, to keep this forum running. Thank you Jeff! smiley_thumbsup
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jeff

The forum for me is 24hrs a day on duty or on call for almost 23 years.

Walnut Beast

Interesting! I'm in the I phone percentage checking in at the deer stand with a 17 mph wind 😂

teakwood

I check in every morning at 5.20 for about 45min with coffee,  it's my morning routine that I can't live without, then it's work for the rest of the day.
Although I'm staying busy with work I can take my time for the FF because it's the only "social" media I use (and care for) :D :D
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Old saw fixer

I check in every morning with my second cup.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Thank You Sponsors!