iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stilh Pro Chainsaw Boots?

Started by Great Big, February 23, 2009, 09:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Big

I was lookin for a good pair of protective boots.  I like the sounds of the Stihl boots with the steel toe and engtex material.

Are these any good?

How are the sizes?  Did you have buy your regular shoe size or smaller/bigger?

Any other suggestions for good boots?
Brandes Farm Trophy Whitetails Est. 1999
Managing for Quality Whitetails in Southeast Ohio

chevytaHOE5674

I love my viking timberwolf caulked rubber boots. They are quick, easy, and great for walking in the woods. And offer chainsaw protection.

Kevin

This time of year I wear Vikings or Husqvarna rubber chain saw boots with the liners .

ontariologger

i love my vikings ive had mine for 2 years wear them from fall tell spring there great boots but if you are standing around all day in them doing nothing in the winter your feet will get cold fast other then there great.

rebocardo

Been considering real chainsaw boots, just wonder how hot they are in 100 degree weather.

sawcollector

I have the STIHL Promark boots, they are tough, waterproof, very well made, and heavy. But if I am doing some serious sawing I wear them, as well as chaps, for the protection they offer. Had to get new chaps once since my 361 with full chisel came across my left knee. It was very scary and I am a believer in PPE, from boots to chaps to helmet and cut resistant gloves.

Kevin

Quotehow hot they are in 100 degree weather.

The Royers aren't bad, not that I work in 100 degree weather.

SwampDonkey

That kind of heat we wouldn't be allowed in the woods. Fire danger.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!