iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

big husky saws

Started by ehp, October 22, 2014, 07:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

Spike there are 3 husky dealers here and they all knew for abit the 395 is history so they bought lots of them and husky sold them at a very cheap price , a 372 cost more than a 395

hamish

Quote from: ehp on October 23, 2014, 08:41:01 PM
Spike there are 3 husky dealers here and they all knew for abit the 395 is history so they bought lots of them and husky sold them at a very cheap price , a 372 cost more than a 395

No actually the 576 and 390 were sold at a great blowout price, but only certain SKU/PNC's, hence the saws delivered were 2011-2012 saws, so old stock they want to rotate out of the warehouses.  3120's from the warehouse in Mississauga are backordered till 14 Nov 14, yet they are available from Edmonton for immediate shipping.

You want a skid of 3120's show up at my shop and prepay and you will get them. 

Btw do you know how many 3120's are on a skid?  I do.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Spike60

Ed, I'm pretty well connected myself and I trust my info. Again, there may be a different reality in play up there vs down here. But hamish seems to be seeing the same picture as me.

And your one post kind of supports my view of this when you say they might consider building another round of saws if there was enough interest. How can they do that if it's an EPA issue? And it also indicates that sufficient interest in those models has something to do with this. (sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a lawyer or something) The possibility exists that these saws fall into the underperforming SKU category up there, and they are getting axed in Canada but not in the US. Just a theory/guess.

But should you turn out to be correct, you can bet I'll be buying as many as they'll ship me.  :)

You guys up there are lucky in one respect: You're getting deals on some closeouts and I'm not!  >:(  I really tried to buy up all those G's and W's, but like I said, that price I saw was a mistake of some kind.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

hamish

Well Bob I bought as many G's as I could and even considered buying some of the W's but hell east coast dawgs and a wrap just don't work.

Blowout prices were and still are nice, and were are even getting models never offered in Canada such as the 576 non-AT.

When mother orange up here had it second last re-structure, we went onto the US system, then SKU/PNC for a single saw went from a couple of options to 20-30 plus.  We used to just order the powerhead and bar length, via phone or fax or in person. Then each powerhead and bar/chain combo and its own SKU/PNC order via web order.

As things changed and web order evolved, here a lot of PNC's were and are still lost in the system.

PHO is not and hasn't been an option here for years, so the bar code on the box leads it on a journey of life in storage till some live body goes whats this?

Are these saws on there way out of course they are, they are old and new technology is available.  Is there a major market for them, no not really, from a business standpoint is it important, nope not in the least.The market and sales of 70+cc saws is very limited about 1% of sales.

EPA is a US thing, it means nothing else outside of the CONUS, so no its not an EPA thing.  Besides EU standards where the saws are manufactured are greater than any EPA regulation.

HolmenTree

hamish, your last post was well said.
I noticed your mill and saw lineup on the bottom of your post, not being nosy but are those your actual stable of saws?
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

hamish

Part of the stable, there are a few others...............

Kodiakmac

Darn you, Hamish!  You spoiled things!

Here I was.... all worked up and ready to run out and order up a saw or two!   ;D
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

SawTroll

Quote from: Kodiakmac on October 24, 2014, 09:26:38 AM
Darn you, Hamish!  You spoiled things!

Here I was.... all worked up and ready to run out and order up a saw or two!   ;D

There is nothing wrong with ordering them anyway, I assume!   8)
Information collector.

ehp

just wait for it  8), its coming to a husky dealer near you . Spike you hear anything yet  ;D

Yatt

Thanks for the info Spike 60, I trust your insight.
288 XP Lite
372XPG
562XP
357XP
550XPG
346XP
Dolmar 7900
028 Super totally rebuilt and ported
Speeco 28ton splitter
Silvey 510, Oregon 511AX & Tecomec grinder

Spike60

Quote from: ehp on October 24, 2014, 10:22:55 PM
just wait for it  8), its coming to a husky dealer near you . Spike you hear anything yet  ;D

Yeah, they must have got in a few more pallets of 395's. There are 135 available in Troy.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

ya but did you hear what the 2015 line up is ?

ehp

250 saws is nothing in 1 size for a dist. to hold . Has anyone else talked to any of the bigger dealers in the USA to hear what they say on whats going on cause I have . Lets bring this thread back up in about 8 months time and see what is going on  8)

hamish

Quote from: ehp on October 27, 2014, 12:11:15 PM

Yep I heard what the preliminary line up is for Canada for 2015, even got to read and touch the papers.  As always subject to change per consistent Husqvarna marketing wonders.

If one were to read the 2015 dealer price sheets looking for something specific ie the 395xp it would not be found, nor would about 75% of all the Husqvarna product actually.  We always go to the saw section first!

Lots of new PNC's as always.

ehp

Hamish , once you get husky people to talk to you that truely know what is going and I mean the guys at the top not guys that push paper then you will find out what is really going on , there is some major changes coming to NA , Some of the bigger dealers in the USA already know whats coming , some have told other on whats coming were some have turned a blind eye in hopes of either its a night mare or stock piling saws before the word comes down and as far as to what I think I will tell you I'm not to happy  but time will tell but the writing is on the wall that is forsure

weimedog

So.... why are you having this discussion? What is the definition of win here??  Having a "third party" on the internet defining and/or presenting marking plans for a company is by definition.. gossip.  ::) :(
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Spike60

OK Ed you do sound convincing, or at least convinced. But since you claim to be in the know, and that your insight comes from the top, why not tell us just who it is that you are talking to? Not using anyone's name of course, cause that would not be cool at all. How about a title or job position? Are you able to speak to upper management or the product managers for North America? Or the product developement guys in Sweden? What is your source of information here? Is it first hand knowledge? Do you personally talk to anyone at Husqvarna at all or are you getting this second hand? From the 2 dealers who called Echo maybe?

Let's ask ourselves a couple of questions here. First, would, or why would, Husky abandon the large saw market? These saws don't sell in huge numbers, but they are still very important in the pro saw world. Most loggers, and every tree service company have these 90-95 cc saws in their fleets. It is simply not even slightly believable that Husky would walk away from this market. Even Dolmar is developing a large saw chassis.

The pro top handle market, with $600+ saws, is a similarly small niche. Stihl pretty much owned it with the MS200 for years. Despite the small size of that niche, Husky developed the T540 in order to be in the game, and they now have the class leader IMO.

Neither of these companies will allow the other to have any segment of the saw market all to themselves. MS241 and 543XP are another example of small and pricey saws that are designed for a narrow market niche. Most pro users are pretty loyal to one brand or the other, and neither wants their customers wandering across the street because of a hole in the lineup.

So, the idea that Husky is going to walk away from the 390 and 395 is kind of hard to believe, particularly for anyone who understands the big picture of the chainsaw market.

And if your knowledge here is from the top as you claim, perhaps you could also find out WHY these saws are going away. Because so far you have yet to give us the reason that this is happening! Do all of these guys who know what's happening know why it is happening? EPA? CARB? Tooling wore out? That end of the factory burned down? Without an answer to that question, your story is more than a little incomplete, don't you think?

Facts Ed. Facts are wonderful things, but you really don't have any here. And your posts when taken as a whole have some holes in the narrative. It's already happened in Canada, it's going to happen here in a matter of days, but let's bring the thread back up in 8 months and see then. So, what is it? When is it? Why is it?

Not much to go on Ed. Certainly not enough for you to start a thread like this IMO.

In closing, I'll say right now that should you turn out to be right I'll be the first to admit it and that I was wrong. And for any of you guys who think that Ed is on to something, and would like to buy a 395 or whatever before they are gone, just let me or hamish know and we'll get you as many as you want.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

SawTroll

Quote from: hamish on October 28, 2014, 09:54:30 PM
Quote from: ehp on October 27, 2014, 12:11:15 PM

As always subject to change per consistent Husqvarna marketing wonders.

I assume that is the bottom line here!  ;)

You don't really know before it actually happened - and then it may change again..... 8)
Information collector.

ehp

Certain Tech guys is who I have talked to Spike , the 576 which I thought was to be gone now is our big motor . Its a epa thing and not enough sales on big saws to warrant building new bigger saws then having to pay such a high price to have them legal to sell , Its all about making money period. I'm just saying like I was told and these guys have never feed me any BS before , I knew long before the 372 xp or the 346 was history before the news came out on the internet . Right now I wished I had some brandnew 346's . I honestly hope this is BS cause I like running these bigger saws but like I said before time will tell, At the rate things are changing in a couple years I will be cutting timber with a crosscut  ;D

ehp

But if you ask me what I believe is going to happen , I think they will do the samething they did with the 372 xp, you will see them build a couple runs of each saw to fill the market cause the govt will let them do that , look at the number of the old style 372 they made after it was to be finished so I think that will happen again, Well I hope it does cause if it does not Stihl will be pretty much the only bigger saws out there and will not need to build better lighter stuff cause they will own the market , Stihl wins but the customer looses

Spike60

Quote from: ehp on October 29, 2014, 10:16:55 AM
But if you ask me what I believe is going to happen , I think they will do the samething they did with the 372 xp, you will see them build a couple runs of each saw to fill the market cause the govt will let them do that , look at the number of the old style 372 they made after it was to be finished so I think that will happen again, Well I hope it does cause if it does not Stihl will be pretty much the only bigger saws out there and will not need to build better lighter stuff cause they will own the market , Stihl wins but the customer looses

Yeah, I remember when the 372 got canceled 3 times. I felt like a goofball whenever I had to explain that they were back. You'll probably recall that Husky really intended to cancel them, but the 575 and the 576 just never got accepted by 372 users. In fact I don't even stock 576's cause they really don't sell for me. Husky had no choice but to face reality and that's when they came up with the 372XT. No way they would they surrender the 70cc market to Stihl. And they're not going to walk away from the 90cc market either. The big saws don't sell in numbers where the fines add up to astronomical dollars, and therefore don't eat up emission credits. And besides, that stuff is factored into the price anyway. Probably why the MS440 was so expensive on it's return too: Let the end user pay the fine!  :)

I don't think anyone is feeding anyone any BS. And I'll say again that our debate here isn't personal in any way. Except that you continuing to hammer this idea has me wanting to order way more 395's than I actually need, "just in case".  :snowball: (132 in Troy)

But sometimes incomplete info leads to incorrect conclusions. The 390 and 395 are obviously next up for replacement, so in that regard they are going away at some point. But that's a few years away.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

hamish

The entire 300 series is up for replacement.  On thing to remember is its a global market, little to nothing in most regards to do with the EPA or CARB, (for those that wish to waste an hour of there lives regarding EPA regulations with respect to the arms length agreement with Canada I can dig up the Environment Canada link).

In my market I sell more 576's than 372's.

Nothing is different now than it was 14 yrs ago when the 200 series went away, looking at the last struggling models of the 300 series all 70cc+, all last remaining 5 models available, yes there day will come.

We all had ample notice that the 346NE was going away, I got a pallet of them, finally sold my last one in September this year.

As Spike mentioned they sell but are not a large segment of the market, and markets vary by region, try and sell a full wrap to an easterner that runs east coast dawgs.........doesn't happen. Most of the 80+cc saws in Canada at the warehouses have 2010-2012 build dates.  Simple supply and demand. Why build more when you still have so many available.  The 372 replacement is the pivotal market shift in this North American market, only after that will they even consider looking at the other models.  Globally it has already taken place.

I can send Bob a bunch of PNC's that are available in Canada that he can't and won't be able to order, its an EPA thing!

Spike60

Quote from: hamish on October 29, 2014, 07:56:26 PM
Most of the 80+cc saws in Canada at the warehouses have 2010-2012 build dates.  Simple supply and demand.

I can send Bob a bunch of PNC's that are available in Canada that he can't and won't be able to order, its an EPA thing!

Those build dates are somewhat revealing. That indicates those saws aren't moving well enough to stay in the lineup up there, and that may have something to do with what Ed has been hearing. The 390's and 395's I got this month have 2014 build dates. Also, they are EPA and CARB compliant.  :)

OK, finish taunting me. What stuff do you have that I can't get anymore?  ;)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

ehp

HolmenTree

My brother owns a 2100 CD that never had fuel in it.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!