iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Funny, doubtful and not so funny

Started by lopet, April 06, 2018, 10:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lopet

Came across a little slideshow which our Eastern Europe colleges had published not too long ago.
So I took a few screen shots to post them here for some entertainment and apologize for the poor quality pictures.
I am just always surprised about their creativity. :)

Really love the guy who got a deal on a AUDI and had to bring it home. 8)
And the two and a half Ponnse load. :o

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

mike_belben

Its funny now, but it was my 2nd time rebuilding that head in a month.  At 1am living inside a dead truck at the diesel shop, it was cartoon or cry.  

Praise The Lord

barbender

Those are good! Our guys were circulating that picture of the overloaded Ponsse, with the heading "don't let Burt see this!", for fear that I would be loading up like that😁
Too many irons in the fire

Resonator

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

newoodguy78

Barbender there is noooo waaayyy you could get that much on your machine  :D :D :D
Great pictures thanks for sharing 

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: newoodguy78 on April 07, 2018, 10:23:37 AM
Barbender there is noooo waaayyy you could get that much on your machine  :D :D :D
Great pictures thanks for sharing
Somebody just threw out a challenge!!! ;D
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

bushmechanic

Pure genius on that grapple pooper! My dad would say "Now that's a lazy man's load" for the Ponsse! Sad to say but some of those breaks I have seen in person :o 

barbender

Haha challenge declined! I'm usually pushing my luck as it is!😁

barbender

We used to run those Gripen grapples, I thought that was all they were good for before I saw the toilet seat😂 They're one of those "works great when it works" types, they roll wood in nice, the jaw geometry makes it easier to get into a pile and right next to obstacles, I liked them better in every way vs. the Huldtins we run now- EXCEPT for the fact that you had to work on them nearly every day, and carry a lot of spare parts. The Huldtins is bullet proof.

lopet

Quote from: barbender on April 07, 2018, 12:04:28 PM
We used to run those Gripen grapples, I thought that was all they were good for before I saw the toilet seat😂 They're one of those "works great when it works" types, they roll wood in nice, the jaw geometry makes it easier to get into a pile and right next to obstacles, I liked them better in every way vs. the Huldtins we run now- EXCEPT for the fact that you had to work on them nearly every day, and carry a lot of spare parts. The Huldtins is bullet proof.
Never thought much of a grapple jaw geometry but when you mentioned it made a lot of sense to me. So when you say those Gripen grapples that's all  they're good for, I will take your word on that one. ;D
I am surprised nobody else had some  concerns  about the guy in tree stump.  I mean like you cut a notch in a rotten six foot tree and then crawl inside to take a pic. :o What could possibly go wrong ?  I guess if you hear a crack just honker down and hope for the best. :D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

lopet

Oh yeah barbender, I think you should reconsider that challenge, you could make it into the guinness world records. ;D I mean it only counts without breaking anything. :) or bending  ;D

barbender

I don't feel quite right taking on a challenge of that magnitude in someone else's half million dollar machine👎 Maybe I can get the boss on board?😁 The main problem with the Gripen grapple was the the small cup/bushing pin assembly (the slightly cone shaped assembly right next to the toilet seat😂) my memory is a bit hazy, but about once a day you'd see one of those was missing. I think they use the same type of pins Huldtins does now, so that may be a moot point.  As to the guy in the tree, yes, that disturbed me on a number of levels😂

teakwood

that guy in the tree is nuts!

All those broken equipment pics are because of idiot operators and they make me sick how they treat the machines
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Skeans1

Quote from: lopet on April 07, 2018, 11:35:01 PM
Quote from: barbender on April 07, 2018, 12:04:28 PM
Never thought much of a grapple jaw geometry but when you mentioned it made a lot of sense to me. So when you say those Gripen grapples that's all  they're good for, I will take your word on that one. ;D
I am surprised nobody else had some  concerns  about the guy in tree stump.  I mean like you cut a notch in a rotten six foot tree and then crawl inside to take a pic. :o What could possibly go wrong ?  I guess if you hear a crack just honker down and hope for the best. :D
I've  heard of stories of old timers riding in the rot holes well an old growth was cut, I've had to lay in a window to cut before it's not a fun feeling cutting well laying inside a tree.

lopet

Wow, I can just imagine the feeling when the tree tips over and you you see the sun shining.

newoodguy78

Barbender I respect your stance on the challenge but if you can get your boss on board it's doubtful  I'm the only one that would enjoy the pictures  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!