iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Customer's projects pictures thread

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2014, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

DPatton,
I did too well.  I was regretting using that log up as I only had 3 like that.  (Woodhog?).  The undulating live edge is really cool.  I'm going to use the other two logs for myself.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

samandothers

Quote from: hopm on November 14, 2018, 06:04:48 PM
Quote from: Jim_Rogers on September 16, 2018, 01:43:29 PM
Back in June, I posted this photo of my "Happy customer" who just bought five 2" thick pine slabs.

Today she sent me some photos of how she used the slabs for seating at a wedding:

I think they came out nice.

Jim Rogers
I had a request a while back to use some 2"x12"x12' pine I had for seating at a wedding. They were also using the hay bales. I had 48 boards they took to use and they were planning to bring them back the following week. They did return them, in a timely fashion, with each neatly cut in half at 2"x12"x6'.

Ouch!  

Jim_Rogers

Today's happy customer had been here before. Today he bought some natural edge oak slabs, a couple of 4' pieces and one 8' piece.

Before he bought some pine slabs and made a bench for around his camp's fire pit.

He ordered some 2"x20"x12' pine slabs for his new project.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Darrel

My happy customer made this from the live edge slabs I sold her. 

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

teakwood

Quote from: hopm on November 14, 2018, 06:04:48 PM

I had a request a while back to use some 2"x12"x12' pine I had for seating at a wedding. They were also using the hay bales. I had 48 boards they took to use and they were planning to bring them back the following week. They did return them, in a timely fashion, with each neatly cut in half at 2"x12"x6'.
dang, did you charge for all the boards after that??
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Ianab

This is a little side table built by a "customer". Well hopefully a future customer. Harry contacted me via Facebook after I'd posted something sawmill related on a local group. Turned out we had 2 mutual friends, my sons, as he had been at high school with them. He was wanting to get into woodworking, and looking for sources of wood (on a budget). Turned out his landlord had just dropped a line of small Port Orford Cedars beside his house, so he asked if he could have some, and I milled them on shares. So did I have any other nice woodworking wood? Well I was sawing some Sheoak at another friends place, so I told him if he came and helped he could have a trailer load of boards and slabs etc. After it dried he sorta went off the hand tool only dream.  :D Anyway he's now got a basic workshop setup with a some normal power tools and is making some stuff to sell. 

Top of this table is some of the Sheoak, with the base is recycled Rimu that I gave him. (I was given it from a another mutual friend, so I figured I better not charge him for it  ;) ) The Sheoak is really hard with all sorts of crazy grain, while the Rimu is technically a softwood, it's hardness is up there with red oak or birch etc, and at least 25 growth rings per inch. Nice stuff to work with, even it's old reclaimed 4x2s. Anyway there is no metal in the piece, all tenonned, and the top is dovetailed in place, natural colour, and an oil finish. Hopefully he can make a go of his little venture. 

I'm not out any cash for the stuff I've given him, and he put in the hours helping at the mill. So hopefully he can get established an I get to sell him some stuff, or do some custom sawing for him. 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

samandothers

I like that tongue and groove method of attaching the top.

longtime lurker

How to chew up 150 ton of logs: build a deck.

The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Lawg Dawg

2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

longtime lurker

The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Jim_Rogers

A few weeks ago, I was traveling by a customer's place and stopped in to see the pavilion he made for his farm business.
I didn't get to talk to him, as he was suppose to be there but I couldn't see him.
Here is what he built:

It was not one of my designs, and I don't know why he did the double braces thing.
Jim Rogers

richhiway

the double braces sure give it a unique style.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

beav

I bet he added the longer braces when he saw that huge roof dancing around in the wind

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: beav on May 14, 2019, 05:40:10 PM
I bet he added the longer braces when he saw that huge roof dancing around in the wind
most likely

78NHTFY

SIL and partner just opened a wood-fired coffee roasting place in Astoria Queens (Mighty Oak Wood Roasted Coffee).  Attached are some pics of the wood I sawed for him--counter front=spalted maple; benches=ash, maple; table=walnut.  See the nice inlaid coffee bean?  Very proud of the boy.....All the best, Rob.

If you have time, you win....

tule peak timber

Slabs we produced for a hair salon in Los Angeles.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

redbeard

One of customers snagged a cherry skin off the firewood pile and built a cat tree for his daughter, now all her friends want one.

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Jim_Rogers

Today, a customer sent me some pictures of the ash counter tops he made from lumber I sawed on site at his place south of Boston, many years ago.
I think they came out nice.

2" piece

1" pieces:

Jim Rogers

Randy88

Took some time to read through this thread, some incredible projects that's for sure.    Many of them leave a person speechless as to the quality of the work done.    

alanh

ash countertops in a vintage travel trailer renovation

I cut the pine siding for this cool barn my son built, two 40` containers with steel knee walls welded to the inside edges, steel truss`welded up from a salvage yard..end result, a 40x40 shop

alanh

My first attempt at an epoxy pour table, curly maple

alanh

a customers table from some maple I had

Outlaw

Cut some 4/4 White pine live edge for a friend's pantry project.  
TK 1600, old logging equipment,  sthil chainsaws

Randy88

Alanh, how did you actually do the epoxy pour and what would you do different the next time?    I'm needing to do a table as well and never used epoxy before either?

alanh

I used a product called Ecopoxy from jeffmack supply, They also have a great website with instructions on everything from prep to figuring how much expensive epoxy you need. mine did come out good but I would pour a little higher next time as you lose some epoxy due to seeping and absorbtion, the videos show how to seal the forms and use some silicone caulk to dam up around you pour so it can be initially poured high. Make sure whatever you use for a form is non stick. I used clear packing tape over plywood which worked fine but I was warned that could go bad.

Thank You Sponsors!