iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer service loop

Started by joman, January 28, 2014, 07:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joman

Getting the mill serviced soon 89 lt40hd . What are some things I should get checked out besides mill alignment ? Hate for Bob to leave and then find something that I should have got him to look at.
89 Woodmizer LT40HD
Morgan LittleChamp Edger

Magicman

Bob is fully capable of surveying your sawmill and spotting anything that needs attention.  I have full confidence in him. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

Ole Bob is pretty laid back but knows his stuff. I worked with him checking the LT-70 I operated and I found out later he paid me a compliment, told old Tommy "your sawyer knows what he's doing". Its a usefull service and if you pay attention and ask intelligent questions you can learn a lot.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 29, 2014, 07:49:51 PM
.......... and ask intelligent questions you can learn a lot.

You can learn a lot if you ask a not so intelligent question.  ::)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

He also will gladly explain everything that he does and why.  I like the fact that whatever he finds that needs replacing, he has it on his truck. 

If you do not need one of the service packages, you can do hourly rate which is my option.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 29, 2014, 07:55:29 PM
Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 29, 2014, 07:49:51 PM
.......... and ask intelligent questions you can learn a lot.

You can learn a lot if you ask a not so intelligent question.  ::)

I'm not gonna say it.  I'm not gonna say it! :D

You got some miserable weather up that way this week; hope you're staying warm.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: nomad on January 29, 2014, 08:16:35 PM

I'm not gonna say it.  I'm not gonna say it! :D

You got some miserable weather up that way this week; hope you're staying warm.

DON'T YOU SAY IT!  no_no

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!