iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Service Loop

Started by Magicman, January 22, 2016, 02:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It's no problem keeping the sawmill aligned and sawing properly, but I still have my sawmill serviced by the traveling WM technician every third year.  Using that interval, I always have some worn parts that need replacing, so it all works out for the better.  It is a very valuable service and Bob will see me in March.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

ncsawyer

I notice the loop does not include NC and many other states.  I assume they alternate the states they go through each year.  Is it a three year rotation?
2015 Wood-Mizer LT40DD35
Woodmaster 718 planer
Ford 445 Skip Loader

petefrom bearswamp

I am very fortunate to be only 50 miles from WMNY and take the mill there when I get too lazy to do any repairs/alignment myself.
I am rarely there more than 2-2/12 hrs.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

I do not know about NC, but Bob comes through Mississippi each year.  I only schedule every third year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: ncsawyer on January 22, 2016, 04:00:15 PM
I notice the loop does not include NC and many other states.  I assume they alternate the states they go through each year.  Is it a three year rotation?

Have you called WM to check? I see they added WV this year and I called them to get on their loop. Supposed to be here in June.

Looks to me like you are only about 2 hours from Albermarle. If was me I'd just take mine there and let Jim and Tyler service it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: ncsawyer on January 22, 2016, 04:00:15 PM

Yes....the loop does come through the Carolinas.
They've been to my mill 3 times.

If you need them....better not procrastinate, they do have a cut off date.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 22, 2016, 05:38:48 PM

Looks to me like you are only about 2 hours from Albermarle. If was me I'd just take mine there and let Jim and Tyler service it.

This is a good point.

4x4American

I was thinking about having them come do mine one year, I am sure that the knowledge I learn from them will be worth it.  They stop about 5 min from my house and do the sawmill at the excavation guys yard, and sometimes another guy brings his mill, so I might just bring it there one year, save on the destination charge.
Boy, back in my day..

Jeff

I was actually considering it because I really want to use my mill this upcoming year. Problem is, the Michigan loop is not until September. :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 22, 2016, 06:52:47 PM
I was actually considering it because I really want to use my mill this upcoming year. Problem is, the Michigan loop is not until September. :-\

Wow....not far from winter......next season.  >:(

Maybe they can come do it at the Pig Roast and get their belly full at the same time. ;)

Holmes

Quote from: 4x4American on January 22, 2016, 06:47:49 PM
I was thinking about having them come do mine one year, I am sure that the knowledge I learn from them will be worth it.  They stop about 5 min from my house and do the sawmill at the excavation guys yard, and sometimes another guy brings his mill, so I might just bring it there one year, save on the destination charge.

Good Then you can give them the destination charge as a tip. 8)
Think like a farmer.

4x4American

Jeff, with all the people you know on the FF, I am willing to bet that someone in your area would swing by and get your mill ready to saw wood. 

Quote from: Holmes on January 22, 2016, 06:54:34 PM
Quote from: 4x4American on January 22, 2016, 06:47:49 PM

Good Then you can give them the destination charge as a tip. 8)

Or beer!
Boy, back in my day..

gfadvm

It doesn't look like Tulsa, Oklahoma is on the route either :(

Magicman

I got my Wood-Mizer field serviced today.  My new guy was Logan with whom I was very pleased.  Since I had talked with JB and Nick concerning the 236 mile road trip sawing job, they made sure that the loop was altered so that I would not be missed.

As usual, there were a couple of items that had excessive wear and needed more than adjusting.  It's also an opportunity to stock up on some replacement items without having to pay shipping.  It's a valuable service that I take advantage of every three years.

WV Sawmiller

It probably going to be overkill to have them do mine after only 1.5 years but I hope to pick up a few pointers and ask a few questions I did not know enough to ask when they did my demo. I need to firm up the schedule with them tomorrow because of other personal schedule conflicts that month.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!