iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mosquito Control

Started by Radar67, June 30, 2007, 01:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

I was wondering what everyone else was doing to control mosquitos. I've emptied all the standing water I can find and removed damp leaves from around the house. Any more tips or suggestions?

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

Ummm.........  ;D

Got the bat house up yet?  ;)

Mines not going up for another week on the woodlot.

I wish something would eat the deer flies.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jerry-m

I use an Insect fogger, works very well if used each evening or two...

Burgess propane insect fogger about $50 or so at Tractor supply or Wal-Mart...

Use only insecticide designed for outside fogging (active ingredient is Pyrethrins .20 or .25%) sold at these stores...

I fog around my house out to about 200 feet, watching which way the wind is blowing... Be sure to get fog into and under all surbbury,etc.  :) , works very well for me as I live on the edge of small pond with lot of under brush...

Jerry
Jerry

beenthere

They thrive in the rain gutters too.

We normally have very few mosquitos unless we go into the woods and stir some up. Not sure exactly why, but being top of the hill, with a breeze, and having no gutters on the house are a few things I've thought of that have helped. A usual summer, can sit outside into the evening and not be pestered.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

The flies are petering off here around the house for the season. Didn't see any skeeters or black flies out under the yard trees this morning. Out on the thinning blocks we get some flies when the sun shines, mainly deer flies. They'll be gone in another month. Mosquitos and black flies will stick with us 'til almost October, but peter out the end of August. Not so bad in the hardwood thinnings up on dry ridges.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

Nope, don't have the bat house done yet, it is for another location.

Don't have rain gutters and will consider the fogger.

The flies here are dwindling down as well, my traps are not filling up near as fast.  ;)

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

beenthere

Gee SD
Never seen flies "petering off".  Pics if ya have 'em please.... ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Quote from: beenthere on June 30, 2007, 01:17:26 PM
Gee SD
Never seen flies "petering off".  Pics if ya have 'em please.... ;D ;D

to gradually become smaller in number and eventually disappear.

;D

Thank You Sponsors!