iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E Classic air pluse timer

Started by sam-tip, November 04, 2013, 09:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam-tip

I am wondering what others are setting their air pulse timer to.   I have ran mine at 10, 12, 15, 50, and 60 minutes between fresh air pulses.  So far I am leaning to the 60 minutes as the best for my boiler.  It charcoals the wood during idle and reaches high burn faster (2-3 min).  Plus burns cleaner and hotter during the high burn.
Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

Roger2561

Quote from: sam-tip on November 04, 2013, 09:53:15 PM
I am wondering what others are setting their air pulse timer to.   I have ran mine at 10, 12, 15, 50, and 60 minutes between fresh air pulses.  So far I am leaning to the 60 minutes as the best for my boiler.  It charcoals the wood during idle and reaches high burn faster (2-3 min).  Plus burns cleaner and hotter during the high burn.

Sam-tip-  I set mine to run every 5 minutes for 50 seconds.   As you said, it seems to keep the coals hotter, longer and (When the weather gets colder and it will more than likely cycle more often, I'll set it to run every 10 minutes for 50 seconds) reaches high burn much faster.

Where you from, Sam?  I'm in NH.  Roger 
Roger

sam-tip

I think I figure where to set the pulse timer for the winter.  I have had many problems during cold north windy days were the boiler was smoking and not gassing.   During mild weather I would set the air pulse timer for 70 seconds every 30 min.  In the summer I run it for 4 minutes every hour to keep the fire from going out.   

The magic number for really cold weather seems to be 30 seconds every hour.  This is when the boiler is running every 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours.  By starving the wood of air it creates charcoal quicker and doesn't burn up the coals.   Charcoal is the key to good gasification.  The bad thing is it took me 3 years to figure this out.

Set the timer just long enough to keep the fire from going out.  May set it to 1 second and turn on the propane auto start.

Central Boiler E3200 WiFi
Many many ported chainsaws. 201 to 3120
TM log splitter pro30 6 way head
D&L 1020 swing blade sawmill for slabbing
Timberking 1220

garret

In warm weather, mine worked perfectly at 15 min intervals for 50 seconds each.  Now in cold weather, 30 minutes/50 seconds.  Fire has never gone out since early Sept.  Then again, nothing but very dry ash.  I will try the suggested longer interval to save wood.  My E-2400 is using way too much wood for my well insulated 4000 sq ft!
E-Classic 2400 comfortably heating 4,200 sq.ft. and unlimited DHW, Off-grid, Photovoltaic-powered pumps in gloomy SW PA , 34 t splitter, numerous Husky chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!