iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Relay for Life cancer walk

Started by Riggs, September 15, 2012, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riggs

Each year the American Cancer Society sponsors the Relay for Life in communities all over the world as a fundraising event. My wife and I usually walk in our local relay. This year the team we walk with dedicated their walk to a very dear freind of our family who lost his battle with bladder cancer earlier this year. He was a kind and generous man who was always laughing and smiling, loved by many and dearly missed. Here is my wife and daughter heading out to walk.  and a link to the Relay for Life. If you have never participated I urge you to, it is one of the most inspiring things I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of.

http://www.relayforlife.org/

Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow Riggs......what a great looking family.

What a great cause they are relaying for. They have this in my town and make a WHACK of money for a truly worthy cause.

Thanks for sharing the pics. It looks like your a lucky guy!  8)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WildDog

Riggs, a great cause :) you have a nice family. I'd say your old dog would like to be part of it, but sadly the years might of beaten him.

6yrs ago all us at work put a team in, got the t shirts printed with yellow and black "Live Stock Ahead" signs (we regulate walking livestock)

I did the night shift, surprising how many people you meet and strike up conversations with. Early hours of the morning I saw a group of young couples holding hands, which I thought was nice. A bit down the track when they were lapping me one young bloke says "How ya goin dad" it was my then 14yr old son, I thought he was staying overnight at his mates house.   ;) 
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Riggs

Thanks guys, it truly is a great cause. My son has a shirt to match, but he won't hold still for a picture.  :)  WildDog you're right about the dog, she'll be 17 in November. My wife has had her longer than she has me.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Riggs

According to the morning paper our local Relay raised over $92000 this year for the American Cancer Society.

Norwood ML 26

sandhills

That's great!  I have no idea what our little community (less than 2000) contributes to the cause but we have one yearly.  My wife has lost a very dear and young brother in law to cancer and her daughter was basically born with cancer and is now 21 but still has her battles, it truly is a very worthy cause.
Sorry forgot to mention the dog, I love dogs and the old ones are always there in spirit or would die trying to be, you just can't ask for better friends  :)

Thank You Sponsors!