iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wowzer! Crazy sale on an LT40

Started by 47sawdust, May 20, 2021, 06:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

2009 LT40 fully loaded,like new just sold for $55,200.00.
The craziest part to me is the bidding went up $25,000 in one day.
Boggles my mind.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

WV Sawmiller

I know where there is one in Mississippi on sale for something like that. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tacks Y

Good for you. What format did it sell on? A consignment auction?

petefrom bearswamp

Guess I sold mine a year too early.
Story of my life, buy high sell low.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Tom King

I saw one on CL, a couple of days ago, for 65k.  Didn't check back to see if it sold.

Crossroads

I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering a new lt50 wide, with thoughts that I could sell mine for the same price isn't helping 🙈
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

tacks Y

Quote from: Crossroads on May 22, 2021, 01:27:03 AM
I'm trying to talk myself out of ordering a new lt50 wide, with thoughts that I could sell mine for the same price isn't helping 🙈
Now is the time order now, if the bubble bursts before it gets here WM should be running sales.

axeman2021

Bad thing about reading this thread and finding the video Stoney ridge farmer running his wood mizer lt40 is now I am wanting one.

Crossroads

With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

mike_belben

Youve got to sell now and wait for the trough to buy back in. 

Park the money, go fishing for a year and wait for someone desperate to take over new payments after theyve paid the depreciation hit.  

People will be carrying paper competing for buyers to unload mills they cant cover when the bubble pops.  The repo vendors and auctioneers will be swamped in mills on the other side of this.  
Praise The Lord

donbj

Quote from: mike_belben on May 23, 2021, 01:14:02 AM

Park the money, go fishing for a year and wait for someone desperate to take over new payments after theyve paid the depreciation hit.  

People will be carrying paper competing for buyers to unload mills they cant cover when the bubble pops.  The repo vendors and auctioneers will be swamped in mills on the other side of this.  
Yes! The contrarian can make out well. Got to learn to use the hype and fear to advantage. Almost a sad thing but it's reality.
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

farmfromkansas

I was watching one on Big Iron Auctions that sold for 67,500.  It was a 17 model with low hours.  Can you imagine the amount of cancellations the mill companies will get when the crash happens?  Hope they got some money down. Heard the futures on lumber have already come down.  Time could be not far off.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Maine Miller

I have these same thoughts going thru my head right now. Currently watching an auction on an LT35HD exactly like mine. Looks like it is going to sell somewhere around $30K. Since I bought it to have when I retire, and that is still 2 years away, I have time before I really can use it the way I want. Might be able to turn it into an LT40 in a year for little or nothing extra.

Stephen1

I have my whole buisness up for sale  ( sawmill, kiln, forklift, and all my wood) only I will go fishing full time if I get what I'm asking.  8)
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Southside

I am seriously considering doing the same with a real world number.

Then sit back for a year or two and start over when the crash comes. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

It is always better to cash out high on the hog with some capital then to be starved out and waste years in recovery. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Have your tax strategy dialed in real good.. Timing the gain or turning down other income levels in the year the gain is claimed can be a real important thing. 

Deductibles are your friend.  
Praise The Lord

Maine Miller

Quote from: Maine Miller on May 23, 2021, 08:38:07 AM

I have these same thoughts going thru my head right now. Currently watching an auction on an LT35HD exactly like mine. Looks like it is going to sell somewhere around $30K. Since I bought it to have when I retire, and that is still 2 years away, I have time before I really can use it the way I want. Might be able to turn it into an LT40 in a year for little or nothing extra.
Well, that mill sold last night for......wait for it.......$35,400!!
It had 17 hours on it. Mine has 53.6. I still don't know if it is worth the risk of not being able to find a replacement. I would also feel a little "dirty" selling for that much profit, even tho I have no control over supply and demand.

farmfromkansas

90% of people buy high, and sell low.  The other 10% clean up. I have done both.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

tacks Y

Just saw an ad on the Sawmill exch for a nice 40 wide for 35K, in Ga. Seems like a deal.

Maine Miller

I was about to say, that wont last long.....looked and it's already Sold

mike_belben

SELL.  

I could build 5 hydraulic mills with 35k in parts. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

The key today is - can you get those parts?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Sixacresand

Good timing if somebody is ready to quit and sell out.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

mike_belben

Quote from: Southside on May 25, 2021, 12:56:07 PM
The key today is - can you get those parts?
who says i dont have them?  it was me, i created the shortages remember.    ;)

money cant buy me love time.  there are people on the forestry forum in dire need of my self righteous opinion, you know!  ;D :)
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!