iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

outstanding band life

Started by jackpine, November 08, 2007, 08:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpine

I have always been a little like Kelvins post a while back about short band life. I didn't seem to get the bd.ft. per sharpening that many here have claimed.

Today was different. 7½ hours of actual run time on one band 8) New Woodmizer double hard,10°. Board footage was not too great as these were leftover jack pine pulp sticks, 6" to 10" dia. that had been laying in the pile since spring. They were hand cut and drug out by tractor so had some sand in the bark. Because of their size I only ran the debarker on the larger logs. Could not believe that I could saw that long one one band as I have had some that seemed to dull way too soon. Knotty jack pine will let you know real quick when your'e band is dull ;D

Bill

cantcutter

I find it has alot to do with the wood being milled. I run simonds and find that if I am milling knotty pine or hemlock that the bands don't last nearly as long as if I am milling clear hardwoods like oak or cherry. Some of it might be operator though as I probably run too fast through softwoods and am always real carfule with hard.

Thank You Sponsors!