iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill Alignment & Maintenance and Sawing

Started by Magicman, June 05, 2014, 06:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

MM,
Just saw your testamonial on Woodmizer's website while reading about the LT40 Supers.  Great job, as usual!  You are an inspiration to youngsters like me (turning 68 on the 28th).  Keep on keepin-on!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Magicman

Quote from: John S on June 12, 2014, 04:36:24 PMMM, Just saw your testamonial on Woodmizer's website while reading about the LT40 Supers.  Great job, as usual!  You are an inspiration to youngsters like me (turning 68 on the 28th).  Keep on keepin-on! 
Say what??  I had no idea that that (Tom) video was on there.   I had to go and look for myself.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

backwoods sawyer

Took a maintenance day today.
Had noticed the inside guide would stop spinning when I drizzled a little diesel on the saw. Needed more down pressure on that side while I was at it realigned the guides as they were a bit off, now the head needed resquared to the bed. Next up was squaring the dogs. Pulled all four dogs off to add grease to the fixed sockets and resquared. Replaced the guide arm gear box. Then washed the whole thing down real good, blew out the air filter, let it dry off a bit and greased and oiled it from front to rear and top to bottom.
On the road again in the morning 200+ miles.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Sounds like you gave it a real thorough going-over!

Good luck on your road trip.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

backwoods sawyer

Had two top rail bearings that were starting to growl so pulled them out and repacked them while servicing the rest of the mill. Found two loose wires in the hydraulic box, welded a manual dog that would not stay up as well.
Added an ATF wiper to the top rail.
Started plumbing in a Cooks diesle drip system on the drive side.

Milling a redwood tree tomorrow.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!