iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

aspenite price

Started by bitternut, April 07, 2007, 07:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitternut

I was in the local BORG the other day and noticed that they had the usual display of aspenite marked at $ 4.98/ sheet. Seems like it wasn't too long ago that it was over $18 at the same store. Guess the oil companies are not the only gougers on the planet. Looked like the dry wall was down a couple bucks a sheet also. Better stock up now I guess before hurricane season gets here and they start gouging again. :D

beenthere

I don't look at the past higher-price as "gouging", but look at it as being in short supply, with a high demand.

If a hurricane comes along, and the price is 'fixed' at say $4.98 a sheet, then someone would hoard that supply and others wouldn't get any. Better to have it available, than unavailable, in my opinion.

As well, I suspect the hurricane (s) brought about an increase in production, that may have resulted in an over-supply. The price comes down to move that over-supply out, and keep the production mills working (and workers at work) and the doors open.   Hope that works out to have plenty on hand the next time a hurricane comes along.

Just my thoughts.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sjh

beenthere
I do believe it was gouging. Beeing that the plant would not deliver there products untill the price was raised. This was talked about when it happened.

Thank You Sponsors!