iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you doing today?

Started by clww, January 26, 2014, 02:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

Right now we are building a vac kiln for installation in MO. I hope to sell one this week that could go to Southern CA. It sounds like either would be a relief from these Arctic temperatures. At least, there are only a couple/few inches of snow out there.

Red Good

took the quad and hooked up to the arch and went to pull a log out of the bush and upset the arch and log , bent the hitch and got it all sorted out and figured if that's the way it's going then I refuse to play . Put the quad away and took the CBX out and went riding . 150 miles later and life is good again . 71 here today , I have been riding before in January but never in a shirt ! Red 
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Den Socling

WDH

Hauled the tractor today to where some land was being cleared about 10 miles away.  Felled about 20 trees, bucked them into logs, hauled two loads home, went back and got the tractor.  Mostly chinaberry with one cherry, one hackberry, one water oak, one very ugly persimmon, and a mulberry. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

What is the dia. on the persimmon? Makes some interesting looking lumber.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sawwood

Weather was nice to day 56 degs so I when to the sawmill to move lumber. Removed
500bf of lumber out of the kiln into the trailer. Then moved 400br of walnut and red oak
into the kiln. The walnut and oak had been air drying for a couple of years. Two weeks
ago I mill a red oak and today I move the lumber back by the kiln to dry be for going
into the kiln. It was 1:30 so I said enough for the day so when back home, took a shower
then a nap. Hope every one is doing ok with this weather, be safe and keep warm.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

thechknhwk

Delivered 3 face cords of firewood, skidded firewood logs, cut and split 5 more, got a nice fire going in the garage, sharpened some chains.  Watched the boy build a little wooden plane kit (helped a little).  Had some potato soup for dinner and hot fudge brownie and ice cream for desert.  I'm half-heartedly watching the pro bowl.

Den Socling

What are you going to do with thee Mulberry? Around here they grow like weeds and look like weeds when they're cut.

WDH

I will post a pic tomorrow.  It is coyote ugly.  You won't believe it.  About 10" in diameter. I don't know why I hauled it home except maybe for the challenge.   

Den,

Saw it into boards.  There is one good 8 foot section.  I have a segmented bowl turner that likes to come and buy some. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Alcranb

Church, breakfast, visit to TSC, stock up the firewood and reeeelax  :)
NWP, hope it's a quiet one. Retired last year after 34 yrs. on the job.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Den Socling

Danny,
That Mulberry must grow differently where you are. I would think that ours would be too feathery for a segmented bowl.

WDH

Mulberry can make a nice log here.  I have one about 16" in diameter on my property. 

redprospector

Went to church this morning with my wife, youngest son, and one of our grandson's.
Then we all went down the mountain to take my 87 year old mother to lunch, something we do almost every Sunday. She's the only one of either of our parents we have left so we try to do something she enjoys every week, and we all wind up enjoying it. Got home about an hour ago, and now I'm killing time here. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty productive day.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Ljohnsaw

Swapped out about 5 or 6 sprinkler heads with drip fittings and ran 100' of tube to about 20 bushes.  Trying to conserve water since the lake is now down to 17%.  All the ground cover will die back (as well as the weeds ;) ), so it won't be so bad.  We only had about 5 days of rain since last rainy season (about April).  There is talk of banning all outdoor watering by March if we don't get some serious rain this way. Then I can kiss all my plants goodbye  :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Den Socling

r.man

Logged in three billable hours today on two small jobs. Could have gone to a third but it can wait till tomorrow. Cut a bit of wood, fought with my stove, bridging blocks and plugging grates, and did crosswords.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Tom the Sawyer

It's been cold and windy all week.  Today's forecast was for upper 60s and sunshine.  Client arrived at 10 and we milled a short walnut log and 3 eastern red cedars.  He drove an hour each way to get them done.  Had dinner, watched the Pro Bowl and Grammy's while working on emails and computer work.  Tomorrow's forecast is for 10° and subzero wind chills.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

pep

Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

DDDfarmer

Yesterday,  -32°C   Fed animals in the barns, started 766 as it has the snowblower on it to clean yards hydraulics were so cold would not work for 3/4 hour, finally worked, rad was froze up and low on fluid, added anti-freeze and thawed out/covered up, cleaned yards.  After lunch asked kids to start loader tractor as a person was coming right over to purchase some beef, 5 minutes was an hour later and the tractor would not crank over.  Block heater cord was plugged in to the tractor but not the wall.. ::)   Finally got that one running, took some hay out to feed cattle at the bush,  got there and mister wolf ( well turned out to be a missus) was sitting there watching the cattle, well she ain't watching no cattle no more, couldn't get a bead on the one in the bushes but there's always tomorrow.  Had the kids go get the carcase with the skidoo( could have brought it with the tractor but they always want a reason to ride skidoo)  Fed the animals in the yards and barns again, took the wolf to dad's to skin out but it was already froze too hard.

Treefarmer C5C with cancar 20 (gearmatic 119) winch, Husky 562xp 576xp chainsaws

pigman

Did nothing yesterday except feed the stove. I will be doing the same today. Doing nothing is a very time consuming task. It will take the rest of the winter to finish the task. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

petefrom bearswamp

Didn't see this thread til this AM.
Blew the snow out of my driveway, then to my chair.
Finished the rise and fall of the 3rd Reich on my Kindle, the book was darned near as long as wwII and started a new book about the training of Navy Seals.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

OneWithWood

Drove to Menard's to pick up some 3/8 pex for use as a drain ine on the BioPro.  Cut firewood most of the day taking advantage of the relatively mild day.  Prepared for the artic clipper that showed up today.  Bitter cold and high winds.  Linnea is happy I cut firewood yesterday  :)

Today is all inside work putting the BioPro back together, rebuilding the MS460 (scored piston), feeding the boiler every 4-5 hours thanks to the cold temps and nasty wind chill.  Might change the fuel filter in Linnea's Sprinter or I might take a nap.  The nap is sounding pretty good...
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Larry

Went fishing yesterday.  This morning we knocked out last years taxes...when one doesn't have income there a lot easier. :o :o

I always have one or two winter projects to keep my busy.  This year is a complete overhaul of a South Bend 9" metal lathe.

Picture was a couple of weeks ago.  It's all together now and I'm fabricating a new counter shaft drive along with a bench for it to sit on.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

isawlogs

Snowed last night and this morning the wind picked up. I made two glue ups for tables this morning and went plowing this afternoon. I have two driveways that are prone to drifting... they where closed up, this is where the V-Plow excells. Put her down and push on the right peddle.  ;D
  I would not mind a small break in the weather, some might call that  HEAT....   :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

goose63

Plug tractor in got fire going shop took nap blew snow most of the day man was it cold no cab on tractor 13 below was the high to day
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!