iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE SAW IIA,    kasco bandsaw

Started by redpowerd, February 19, 2003, 08:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

NAHHHHH Solidwoods. It's nothing you did. I wuz just referrin about Tom and Woodweb. If'n ya hang around a lil, You'll catch on. I catch it all the time over here. Din't mean to upset ya. ;D  Now, Noble's a good one to talk !!!  :D :D :D  Jeff, whadda ya mean I failed miserably??? I'm tryin to be good !!! :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

solidwoods

Man Dam!!!  (spelled politically correct for the www and the  kids)

This looks like an underestimated  collaboration of electronically collected  linifically dissassemblicacationaly challenged  red blooded Forest Whittling Americans.  or  my kind of E-place.  (if ya get together in another place just post, and I'll bring keg-o-hand fabricated home made beer.
Jeff B.  
Thanks for the Welcome.. I see a good Comradeship at your site everybody seems to speak freely...That will make knowledge.
Nobel,  
Were born dumb, and we die dumb.
Dan  G.
Sounds like a few of you are getting together.  Man that's family and memories (and a tax write-off)  I promise, I will "hunt the threads".
Fla. D.  (oohh! that sound kinda gangsta)
I did'nt get a scrape.  
But I will guess some of  you'uns are ex-military?

They say it's some Cosmic Forces that makes the world go around.  I say its laughter.

Who could ask for more.
JIM
Ret. US Army
Kasco II B Band mill
Woodworking since 83
I mill & kiln dry lumber, build custom furniture, artworks, flooring, etc.
If you mill, you'll be interested in some of my work in one way or another.
We ship from our showroom.
N. Central TN.

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

redpowerd

ONEWITHWOOD
id just like to know of some mods hes made or planning.
has he used the saw IIA?
thanks alot, i appreciate your consideration!
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

OneWithWood

Red,

The gentleman I went to see actually distributes Kasco saws.  Her uses and sells the IIB mostly.  He says the power return saves him a lot of time because he can off load boards during the return.  He thought the IIA was a totally manual mill.
He has not made any mods to his sawmill.
BTW this guy has built a thriving and lucrative business around his Kasco.  I believe the biggest reason for his success is his business savvy and willingness to bust his but for his customers.  He would be successful with any mill.
I hope this information is useful to you.  If you would like the phone number of his store send me a PM.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Haytrader

Ex military?
 :-X
OK, men......at ease over there
Take ten
Expect five
Get two
Haytrader

PWD45

Quote from: redpowerd on February 21, 2003, 07:29:52 PM
thanks for the wealth of info
but i was lookin for someone that has actually RUN one ;D
can someone tell me how to put up pics?
thanks
I bought a early model KASCO sawmill  30 plus years ago and it is still running  strong. Its a model KS-2410.  uses a 127 inch 1 1/4  .035 blade powered by a  briggs 8HP  engine.  I also  got a  blade sharpener and  setting tool and a 4 foot  track extension  so i can  easily  cut 16 foot  logs.  for cutting  long logs I have a kasco movable  adjustable  support to place under center of lg  when it wants  to  sag  as i  saw  boards.

chet

Ya dug up one of da good oldies.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

PWD45

I bought a Kasco saw 30+ years ago, just before they  came out  with a bigger  unit. Mine is very simple in that  the log is placed on the  two log stands  that raise/lower the log  since  the  saw band is at a fixed height. This saw came  with a  sharpener  that runs on 110 volts  ( book says it can also  sharpen   chain saw  chains, which I never tried since i have a nice  floor standing  chain sharpener. My saw also came with the  hand operated  tooth setter and I also have  the Kasco adjustable stand  to place under middle off  log/boards  to prevent  any  sag  on long  logs/boards. This is a very  well built heavy  duty completely hand operated unit in that it takes  about  14 lbs of pull  to  move it thru logs  such as  24 inch  diameter  red oak.I did modify the  driven wheel  shaft by addition  of keyway slot  and keyway.  This saw has had  hundreds of all types of  logs   run thru it over the years,and paid for itself many  times over..

Thank You Sponsors!