iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor

Started by dougtrr2, March 10, 2024, 09:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougtrr2

I am a fan of Survivor.  I think I am going to like this season.  They have dialed the "wokeness" down quite a few notches.  Had to laugh at the first one voted out, claiming he was not a quitter when he quit on his first two "tests".

Doug in SW IA

Magicman

We are and will continue to watch the show.  We too were happy to see the quitter go, but his height was needed in the challenge during this past week's episode.

There is much more "talking" now which I dislike, but it's part of it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I agree with Lynn (MM), the show seems to be more like a "talk-show" than a competition.

They were 45 minutes into the show before anything happened, competition wise!

But I do like watching! popcorn_smiley
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Cedarman

On the first episode where they carried water in buckets with holes, why didn't they plug the holes with leaves or other available broken branches or what ever?
I don't remember whether they hand handles where you could carry two at once if you did not have to worry about the holes.  Then one person could rest while the other carried two at a time.  What am I missing.
I am enjoying this a little more than the last few.
The big mouth is growing on me.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

dougtrr2

I kinda wondered about that challenge as well.  The way they were doing it, it appeared to be an impossible task.  Most challenges may be difficult, but doable with enough work.  Maybe if they nested the buckets so the holes didn't line up.  More water with one good bucket than two leaky buckets?

Doug in SW IA

Raider Bill

We have been watching the old ones from #1. Quite a change from the early challenges, supplies [if any] and what they were allowed to bring.
Now they have changes of and more clothes, makeup, multiple idols, easier food and more woke although that's slowing up a bit.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ron Wenrich

All the challenges have been tested before they use them on the show.  The water challenge could be done if you put your fingers in the holes. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Raider Bill

Last night was pretty hard to watch.
I think he had his man bun on too tight. :wink_2: 

I'm pulling for the school teacher.

Cedarman

I am with Raider on a favorite.  He is too strong will be hard for him to get too far unless he wins immunity.
Why didn't they study the block parts for a good bit and mentally try different things before jumping in?  Was there a time limit for them to start?

Old Greenhorn

I missed the first episode, didn't know it was on, and I missed last night, but watching it now, however the CBS streaming app has never been kind to me and it can take over an hour and a half to watch a one hour show. I am (finally) 3/4 through it after several restarts. I am rooting for the teacher, he seems to have it all. Now we have to see if he has 'game' as they are not showing that yet.
 The Indian fella with the bun seems like he has never watched the show and has ZERO idea what is going on. He also has a kind and open soul that is eating him alive. It's interesting and painful to watch at the same time. Kind of like a car crash you actually see in front of you. This guy may self-implode, or go a long way. Maybe this episode will tell. I am not at the end yet. Should have waited until after I saw it to post I guess.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Last night's show was on a sorta predictable path until the guy got medically removed.  I am predicating that there will be a merge and re-split next week which will keep everything mixed up for the players.  So far this is a good series but we have not seen much about the other tribes.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

There is not much "Survivor" talk, but we are watching and actually enjoying this series.  They have increased the time to 1 1/2 hours and added much sorta boring dialog but it is still better than whatever else in on the tube.

beenthere

What is sad is having to watch TV.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

I agree.  Survivor is the only "network" TV that I watch.  OK, I will admit that if I am inside in the morning, I will watch The Price is Right.  ffsmiley   There is very little entertainment on the tube that is not "woke".

Magicman

Last night's episode was sorta predictable and probably a smart move.  Those that sit back and keep their mouths shut seem to hang on. 

dougtrr2

I agree.  I think it is funny that Venus is so confident that she has control while everybody is on to her.  As I think about it, she might be one of those players that gets carried to the end because the other players know she won't get any jury votes.

Doug in SW IA

Raider Bill

Got to love a good blind side!

Best case for the final, Venus v Hunter.

Magicman

Tonight went the way I wanted, but I certainly was not expecting what happened.  :shocked2:

Cedarman

There is one monstrous basket of ego's this year.
Yap, Yap, Yap
Fun night

Magicman

I hated to see Hunter go but he knew what he needed to do.  He didn't so it was all on him.  He tried to outmaneuver the team and ended up outmaneuvering himself.

Cedarman

The weak voted out the strong.  Don't blame them.  How many of those left would you like to sit down and drink coffee or have a beer with?
I am sure there will be some fun in the next few episodes.

Thank You Sponsors!