iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need ideas on a "rack" to "park" my 3-point backhoe...

Started by jd_odell, March 16, 2013, 08:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jd_odell

I own a Wallenstein Ranchho GX920 3-point backhoe which I currently have "resting" on some concrete blocks.  I'd like a more permanent "rack" to "park" the backhoe on when I download/upload it to my JD 5075E.  It is a pain to hook-up, the concrete blocks shift & are unstable, and I hate fighting with a piece of equipment this large. 

I'd like to park it on a custom "rack" made of heavy timbers or timbers/steel.  Back-up to the "rack", download, drive off and vice-versa for uploading.  Anyone have ideas on a "rack" to "park" a 3-point backhoe onto, or, does anyone have an existing "rack" they "park" their 3-point backhoe on??

-jd

DaleK

I'd make some cylinder locks for the cylinders on the stabilizers and leave them out when you park it, then weld a couple of implement jack mounts on wherever else you need some stability and jack it. Then you have some adjustability on the hoe in addition to your lift arms.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

jd_odell

DaleK

Excellent idea & too easy!  I was thinking of some high-speed rack that I would have to have fabricated ($$), but you kept it simple and I appreciate your input.  Thanks!

DaleK

Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

thecfarm

Helps to have tractor and backhoe on a cement pad or a tar driveway. but I know the money part all to well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jd_odell

I have several concrete pads (tractor shed is one of them) I'll be laying next spring so I will just add on an additional pad for implements as well and knock them all out together!

Thanks for the ideas/input!
-jd

justallan1

I used one once that we just extended the boom out, dropped the stabilizers and moved forward a bit and un-coupled the pioneer fittings. Then to hook up to it hook up the hydraulics and use the hoe to position itself where you want it.
I would definitely say to use the cylinder locks like Dale mentioned.
Allan

Thank You Sponsors!