iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hauling rocks

Started by thecfarm, October 13, 2017, 07:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chop Shop

Lots of work! Nice job.

Around here the county would declare that a "wetlands violation" and then steal half your land and make you "reclaim" it with swamp plants and big fines.

pinefeller

yep 580l case is probably the best thing i own (almost own) and with the thumb i can pick up a 4' rock,. im a cash on the barrel kind of guy but for tax reasons and the right now factor i pulled the trigger on mine.  if you can swing a small payment youd never go back to farm equipment. when shees paid off bye bye manual mill hello orange... ill keep ol thomas around as a permanent mill with like 50' of track for specialty stuff.
for those who say "it cannot be done!" please do so quietly so as not to disturb those who are doing it.

MbfVA

There are big piles of pretty small rocks all around the perimeters of the open spaces on our place, which I am told were accumulated by the farm kids in days of old.  Parents would line them up to de-rock the fields.

Would that be...Collective farming?

I popped several turtles on my 1411 discbine in my hay cutting days finding the ones they could not move.  It was like "metal 🐢 meets stone 🐢", not so happy outcome.

Northern VA has LOTS of rock walls on its pricey estates.  I guess their rock picking had more style.
www.ordinary.com (really)

Thank You Sponsors!