iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help support the Forum and the USO!

Started by jjmk98k, June 27, 2007, 08:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Hold the bus, I just ran across this!  It should be posted in all catagorys. 8)

beenthere

All
For an update, Jim has returned home and is getting his life back together. He posted in the temporary forum and told us in its General Forum thread "To Iraq and Back" that he would bring us up to speed on some of his experiences. We're sure he is very busy, and when he has time will let us know the number of days he figures he was on tour and a bit about them. He was there a good three months.

Will keep you posted as to how to handle the USO/FF pledge and/or contribution, in honor of the soldiers in Iraq and to support the USO and FF. This will be on the honor system, and without any additional record keeping.  :)

Jim, thanks for the suggestion and the idea for supporting USO/FF.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ed_K

Thanks for the update Beenthere, I'm glad Jim is back in the states. We all can breath a little easier now  8) .
Remember all, keep praying for all our troops still stationed all over the world.
Ed K

scsmith42

Beenthere - I'll be watching for your PM. 

One request... - please make a posting on this string letting us know that you've sent all of the PM's out, so that we'll know to follow up with you in the event that we don't receive the PM (sometimes thingss get lost in cyberspace...)

Thanks.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

beenthere

Update
Still waiting to hear from Jim (jjmk98k).  Hoping he is doing okay. Prolly very busy.

Will post here when I hear, as well as PM those who need to know directly.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jjmk98k

Hey gang, sorry I been away so much. I am finally somewhat back to normal.

I just wanted to say one more time thank you all so very much for all your support while i was away in Iraq! I already volunteered for a tour to Afghanistan next year for three months....

I been busy getting ready for deer season, catching up with my mom and dad, spening some alone time at my cabin upstate PA.... and talking long QUIET walks in the woods..... its so nice and a HUGE change from noisy Iraq!

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

scsmith42

Hey Beenthere - have you gotten a chance to figure out what we all owe?  I'm still looking for the PM on the amount to donate as well as where to send it.

Thanks.

Scott

beenthere

Hang in there....Jim will get back to me with his number of days...around 72 I think. Waiting for Jim to confirm.
Will be in touch with you soon, I expect.  ;D
Thanks for bringing this to the top.
south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Jim has confirmed that he was on his tour for 72 days.
The suggested plan is to settle up your 'per-day' pledge by splitting it, half to the USO and half to the Forestry Forum.
Pledge summary for 23 members, for an average pledge of $1.09 per day, pledged a total of $1800.

PayPal or Credit Card will work (or you can send check or money order if you prefer).
The USO site is:
https://www.uso.org/donate/

and the Forestry Forum donate site is in the left column here.

I will remind those of their pledge amount by PM, just as a friendly reminder per their request. 

If others want to join in, they are welcome to jump in, and send what they would like.  The USO donation site has a place to check in honor of James McGuire. You may also communicate the same to Jeff if you'd like.

No followup will be made on funds contributed.

It's been great to have one of our members bring us in to esperience some of the rigors of taking the time out of their personal lives to contribute to the goals and obligations our country felt was the right action to take in Iraq. Many can debate the worthiness of the actions, and hindsite is 20/20. But our thanks are to Jim, and the many like him, who have given their time, and many who have given their all to their country. Take the time in the future to thank and talk to those who have served, and to listen to their experiences in Iraq.

I hope and trust this fills everyone in, and brings this to a close,
........and to Jim.....I thank you.   :) :) :)

If you have any questions, or I left out something, please let me know.
beenthere
south central Wisconsin

Norm

I'll make sure my donations are sent out Monday. Jim thank you for helping out the FF and most of all your hard work for a great country. God Bless the USA.

Beenthere thank you too. :)

beenthere

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and participation.

Jim earlier said this about his tour..

"My unit is deploying with about 225 people and we maintain the A-10 Thunderbolt II Attack aircraft. Anyone who ever seen footage of what the A-10 can do, knows how deadly a weapons platform it is."

So his tour was in Iraq and supporting the Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II (Warthog) there.

This will help when filling out the USO donation form.

south central Wisconsin

Ed_K

Had a little trouble filling in the info to the uso (fudged it) but its done. Jeff will get a Christmas card soon too  8) .
Ed K

theorm

8)
I had to fudge a little too, got 'er done!

Does this mean that this thread has changed to food too?

??? 8) ??? 8) ???

Theo
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

scsmith42

After thinking about the worthiness of both of these causes (FF and USO), I decided to double my donation to $4.00 per day - split between the two of them.

BT - that should take the amount raised to almost 2K.

Jim (and Jeff), thanks much for the service.

Scott

Jeff

Thanks so much to everyone for supporting this from Tammy and I and I know from the whole membership. Special thanks to Jim for the idea and to beenthere for the implementation.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

wmrussel

Thanks for the reminder Kent!  I finally got to the USO website and made my pledge good. 

Thanks for your service Jim! 
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

Thank You Sponsors!