iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ax Man, Swap & Heli Logger.. What Do You Think, Hoak'ee, Good Shows or What ?

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, December 08, 2010, 03:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

I've watched all these shows and .. Ya ... I'm entertained. Every show need's some operation problem's, near miss accident's or personnel problem's.

I like cutting & the topping of the big tree's the most.  In my younger days I'd have liked to try this out. I topped a couple tree's next to my building's but that was nothing compared to those guys, one mistake and it could be over.

Today, I watched Ax Man. They were breaking in a new chopper pilot and he got air sick and that's different for a experienced pilot. This guy made me tense up as he dropped some logs in the yard and was off target & skattered folks.  Mostly, the pilot over controlled, did not know what he was doing and ended up quitting.  If I owned that chopper ... I'd have checked him out a lot more. This guy was way behind the power curve and working above people to boot. Then again, I get too... involved and sort of live the part.  Also... forgetting that this is a TV  show.  If it was a straight (real) run show.. it would not have a good rating, be boring & canceled in a few shows (I reckon).

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

tyb525

I know some of the shows, like Axe Men, they put on a show to make it more dramatic.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Busy Beaver Lumber

The wife and I like swamp logger show the best, bust also like Axe men. Reason we like swamp loggers the best is that no matter what goes wrong, everyone, especailly Bobby, keeps their cool, maintains respect for one another, and jointly focuses on fixing the problem. He seams like he would be one fine individual to work for.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Skip

Axe men is staged for the "drama" but heli loggers and swamp loggers are more true to life. Hate to say it but I cant much stomach Axemen anymore , just my opinion

KellyH

I watched the Swamp Loggers episode last night that included the lady driver and her race truck at the dragstrip.  It looked very geniune and everyone had a good time.  Also the episode with Bobby going to the hospital made me remember the Deadliest Catch episode when Capt Phil Harris had his blood clot.  Before you realize it you can get to feel like you know these people. ;)  I was getting concerned as if it was my brother or something when Bobby went to the hospital.  lolzz  :D  But it really does seem like if you met Bobby or any of his crew at a convienence store or something they would be just as common as they seem on TV.  I agree too with the likeability with Bobby and his management skills.  Even when everything falls apart he doesn't scream at anyone or make them feel bad.  Wished I had a boss like that over the years.  ;D
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

H60 Hawk Pilot

Turbo Man

I know how you feel, when the helicopter pilot was screwing up.. I was getting tense.  I realized what I was doing and my brain said, that is a TV show. You're getting too involved.. you dumb-ee. I had a big smile come to mind  :D and watched the rest of the show without worry, pain pills or bozze (small joke  :).

Cheers

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Ron Scott

Regardless of the accuracy or intent of these programs, they definitely show viewers the first step in the process of how forest products get from the woods to the local Home Depot. ;)
~Ron

KellyH

Agreed but the last time I was in HomeDepot the lumber was stamped "Sweden"?? :o  Go figure. ::)
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Ron Scott

~Ron

KellyH

It was inside the store next to all the other 2x material.  Kiln dried and about $4.00 a piece.  I used it for shelving brackets in my shop. :-\

Thank You Sponsors!