iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 028 Gas Tank Vent

Started by Ohio_Bill, January 04, 2008, 08:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio_Bill

I have a 028 that runs fine with the gas tank cap lose , but when the lid is on tight runs for a short time and starves for fuel .  ?? 

Thanks

Bill
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Furby

Replace the cap or try to clean the vent. :)

Ohio_Bill

Thanks      I did not see a vent in the cap  but I may not know what I looking at  .
Bill
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Furby

Ok, now I see what you are getting at, I don't know anything about that saw and assumed the vent was there with out thinking. ::)
Find the vent and see if you can clean it, or wait for someone that knows that saw to speak up. ;)

joe_indi

Looking at the saw from the carb side, on the left hand side there is a small bit of tubing fitted vertically with  a screw inside it.
This is the tank vent.The air is supposed to bleed into the tank through the threads of the screw.But if the tube has got packed with saw dust, this vent does not work.
Pull out the tube and remove the screw.Clean them both and refit.
In the unlikely event that the whole tube is missing, clean the stub on the tank( for the tube).You could use a bit of tubing from a IV set with a small screw inserted in it till you have time to pick up a replacement

Ohio_Bill

Thank You , Joe 

That was the problem  and it is runnning fine  now .

Bill  8)
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!